General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Good news, Bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Good news, Bad news!

Right!

Got new seats - Leather - electric - heated etc. etc. ex LT No idea what year, although that's probably irrelevant.

Bad news - wrong colour! TAN, damn.

So - What to do!

Considering the cost was $0.00 it was still a good deal. LOL Chevy guys gave them to me.

I've had a quote to re colour them - $600 - $800 Ouch! That'll hurt!

I've had a look on TradeMe 'cause I knew there were a few black trucks there & the LT's on sale had tan interiors. Look horrible, but ... they had everything in tan - dash & all.
So now I'm wondering if I fit the tan seats would they look odd with the grey interior?

Things to consider:

1. The tan seats have grey switches???? So if the designers fitted grey on tan then that should be ok.
2. The Chevy guys are going to organise some leather tan inserts for the top half of the door panels. So I'll have grey below & tan (leather) above.

Bang goes the blacked out black Blazer!

What you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Good news, Bad news!-p1010001.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

But, now you can be Black and Tan. Who doesn't like a good black and tan?

In the end it's up to you. i think a two-tone blazer looks very sharp. A two tone interior might work well too.... get a few interior shots and see if someone can PS your seats in. (get seats at same angle to help em out)

Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's a tough call. It looks almost like your interior is in between our pewter and dark grey color. If you had the same color interior as me (really dark) I'd say go for it since it would contrast really well.
Why not throw one of the back ones in as a test and see what the contrast is like? It's really not that much work to take a seat out..then you can just dry fit it and see what youthink.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Duplicolor makes paint for seats and stuff, just get some cans and paint them yourself :P

Old 10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

put in the leather seats, then put what ever color crappy cloth seat covers you want! negates color problem AND leather

Old 11-01-2009, 01:43 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Duplicolor makes paint for seats and stuff, just get some cans and paint them yourself :P
Did this once and the interior came up mint [like new]. Then you can do them any colour you want.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
put in the leather seats, then put what ever color crappy cloth seat covers you want! negates color problem AND leather
Thought of that.

Swap is really to be able to replace the broken driver seat recliner handle.

Unlike you guys in the States they're not readily available here AND, there's a good chance the next one will break.

I've been waiting for ages for a working seat to bacome available so ...

To fit the GM fix is a problem since Jap Blazers have this plastic "shroud" around the front seats. To fasten the hex key gets complicated with this plastic thing in the way.

I'll first fit these & see what they look like. It may look cool. If not I may try the paint route.

foxxie, I'll give you a ring sometime when they're fitted. Just need to get those door panels.

To be continued .........

Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Painting a seat? really? that just seems odd lol...especially a leather seat. But I suppose they have some pretty cool paints out there. It must be more of a stain then a paint.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I say do it.

99% of people won't know the difference between aftermarket and factory color options anyway..

Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

You are gonna love me, i got you covered bro. Do not use paint, colorbond is a unique chemical that permanantly changes color on all types of surfaces and materials including leather. Found it in my lmc magazine. Here is the link. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=106

Quick Reply: Good news, Bad news!