General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got in a crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Glad everyone is ok. That's how l lost my 94 after only 7 days of ownership a guy turn into my lane right in front of me and hit me head on.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Beginning Member
95chevrolets10blazer is on a distinguished road

Glad that everybody is ok. I just crashed front part of my 1993 chevy silverado 1500 last night in the snow storm by the deer. Was suppose to use the truck in a week from Saturday for hunting season but not now.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

glad to see you are alright.

How did the truck end up on its side tho?

Oh and you said the frame was bent? im not sure that would even be a good idea for a wheeler. unless it isnt to horribly bent.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
How did the truck end up on its side tho?
I tuned to the right trying to avoid him thinking he would slam on the breaks...did not happen.

And now for the insurance game.
Friday met the adjuster, offed $3890, and tired to say salvage was going to take 30% **** that!
Going to try to get $4500, printed out tons of compatible vehicles.

So the game part:
Friday have meeting with adjuster. Still need to get a few things out of blazer. I am confused on how they can tow my vehicle with out my permission so I call my insurance then call their insurance then call the adjuster. during meeting he said they might tow it later today(Friday). Said need to get there to get things out. Not going to happen got work.
Today(Saturday) go to the original tow yard. insurance already took vehicle. ****, go to the location of where he said it would be towed and they are not even open. Dam guy did not tell me anything, called him to let him no and tried the "not my fault". Will go Monday to get my things and if they don't let me in I will call the cops, I still own the vehicle. Also logging all the miles.
Will see how it goes, really want my tail lights over anything, but would like my radio and flash drive my music is on(32gb so cost me some money for it).

Last edited by Karcinagin; 11-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:13 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

wtf... yeah that doesn't make any sense that they towed it to a yard already.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
wtf... yeah that doesn't make any sense that they towed it to a yard already.
I asked my insurance about it and they said its ok and is normal done.
I just hope I can go in get my things and leave. I just hope I don't have to call the cops to get my things.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

How is taking your car to some random junkyard without the go ahead from you normal? lol.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

damn thats most def a wreck. glad your okay.

Im sure you will make out on the deal.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i dont know if different states have different laws. but at my other job when a fleet car got in a wreck they would always just tow it back to the business and the insurance adjuster would come whereever the truck is. same thing when i got into a wreck i was gonna have it towed to my house but was able to drive it. even though my truck was a beater theres still the gps, ipod, radio,etc in there some dirtbag could steal from it

Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Every state is different. What I do know is MA, NY, NJ, CA, & IL are all run like a communist country. The officials do what they want, when they want, at your expense. It's all about money in any of these states - how much they can extort from you as quickly as possible. They know you need your car to make a living, so they charge whatever they please - because you WILL pay it.

You get in a wreck in MA, your car is gone with everything in it .... and I can guarantee you none of it will be there if & when you go to retrieve it. Everyone will play dumb, & your left holding the bag. Anyone along the line could've stolen your items -- tow guy, thieves that broke in the wrecking yard, etc.

If you break down on the highway in MA they can tow it if it's left there any length of time - and if it's too close to the the road, it'll be gone before you get back - at your expense ... usually far north of $100. Ain't communism grand?

I noticed the IA plates in the pics of the wreck there .... but as I was reading I was getting MA deja-vu ... SORRY MAN!

Quick Reply: Got in a crash