General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got my first ticket too

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Got my first ticket too

Bad day

I got my first ticket today. I was coming into Princeton in a 55 zone that reduces to 35 and I was running about forty five when I hit the 35 zone. Went about a quarter mile, blue lights. Cop walks up to the side of my Blazer and asks for license and reg. I give it to him. About 15 minutes later he walks up and tells me to get out. Ok got out, then he instruct me to sit in the passengenger seat of his car, I do so. He gives me a roundabout talk about not speeding and crap when I never speed anyway. He finally gets around to writing the ticket, he has to ask me for SS#, which had me on end, phone # and all sorts of other stuff. He gives me the citation and it says 54 in a 35.......?? I know for a fact I was at 45 and decelrating when I hit the city limits. Anyway I don't argue or say anything but yes sir. In his talk he mentioned that I could go to driving school to nullify the points and keep my insurance from going up(as much). He then calls my dad and informs him that I have been issued a citation, which got my dad all riled up (not at me) and my dad starts sounding all pissed off. At that point I get in my car and leave (with permission). I called my dad back after a few minutes and tell him whats going on and whatever and he told me not to worry about it, I'll just go to court and then driving school if I don't get charged.

Yep overall, today was a bad day

Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Got my first ticket too

you have 500 feet from the posted sign to get down to the posted limit, 1320 feet is a bit more then 500 lol.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

No I meant a quarte mile from the place he clocked me to the place he pulled me... and its 1000ft in NC

Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

that sucks man. that wont be real cheap.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
JoesWheelin93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just for reference next time, you can ask to see the radar gun and see what you were running otherwisecops could pull anyone over for anything and need no evidence. Asking you to get out of your car and sit with him in his is not only strange but rather creepy, I wouldnt do it just because I want everything that happens monitored on the dash cam, not that I frequently deal with cops but my firstrun in (got a ticket because someone called the police and said I passed them in a no passingzone)was enough to make my dad and I both very weary of most.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Wow that sucks. Thats weird he had you get out and that he called your dad. I would have thought he would treat you as an adult and dealt with you only. Good Luck on getting it fixed up.

-Lenny

Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Brent, I posted this for the other forum regarding getting a ticket. I figured it maybe of some interest to you as well.

Here's a tip for next time:

After the cop pulls you over and writes you the ticket, request the make, model, and number off of his radar gun. [Don't worry. He'll give it to you] Then, call the police barracks where he is stationed the next day. Request the last time the radar gun was calibrated. If the calibration date doesn't fall within the required limits required, you can plead that the gun was faulty and you're off clean. Regardless of whether the faulty part is true or not, you are guaranteed to have all charges dropped if the officer failed to properly maintain his radar gun.

I have a couple friends and family members who are police officers, and I can tell you for certain that the calibration is sometimes forgotten about.

Hope this helps everyone.

JoesWheelin93: If you know for a fact that the your ticket derived from a phone call, you could have definitely fought that in court. You should have pressed for evidence which would be impossible unless the caller had a video of your license plate passing at a particular speed on their speedometer.

Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha! How old are you?

I did a lot of research on this becuase this is my first offense, and I figured out I just pleading Not guilty and going to court. I asked a lot of my friends and they just said go to court and a person will pull you aside and offer you a deal to a non-moving violation and traffic school (which actually helps becuase it lowers your insurance) I just sent my ticket in.

Did yours say how much it was for? Mine didnt and Im hoping its not more then 200.

Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only do they have the cams in the car, but they will have mics on their person as well, and yes they have to show you what they clocked you at if you ask to see it as JoesWheelin93 said. I got $10 that says he clocked you while you were still in the 55 mph zone......

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

You wont find out until you appear in court, they tell you x.x amount for the violation then add on court costs.....I got one for driving my old '84 with 2 year expired tags (was sitting until I got liscence, then wouldn't pass e-check, even after 30-day tags) Cop said they normally tow for being over 6 months, but because I was on my street! he wasn't going to.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket too