General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got a question about Light Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough
Default Got a question about Light Bulbs

I looked for the proper place to put this... but I gave up. I'm looking for Pink Light bulbs to put in my big rig lights and possibly gauges. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm on eBay right now looking at some and there's like three different "brands" to choose from. I be confuzzled!! I'm pretty sure I'm lookin for 194s... right?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:12 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

PINK????? Poor Blaze!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Good luck, if your looking for LEDs (and I would) your gonna be hard pressed. If your looking for normal ones just go with red cause they are gonna fade in a few months to pink.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:07 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I just ordered Blue LEDs for my interior last week. Got them off ebay. I didn't see any pink when I was looking though. My suggestion would be ebay. As far as brands go, all in all I got like 125 bulbs for under $20 (shipping included). They're coming from hong kong from some unknown supplier lol. I dont think brand really matters since LEDs are so cheap.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:57 AM

Gonna be hard to find pink. They can't get a true pink color out of LED technology and its gonna have to be more towards the light purple or light red end of the light spectrum. They do the same with white, thats why you can only get them with a blue (cool) or yellow (warm) white since they can't produce a true white light. Unlike white pink is not gonna be a popular enough color and it seems they are rather proud of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Bul...Q5fAccessories

Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I think I may just buy 2 for now... and then see how they turn out.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Post pics, I've personally never seen the pink ones. I've had every other color and they plain get old after awhile. Finally settled down with the cool white ones and even after 2 years I still like them.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just paint your stock bulbs with pink model paint I paint bulbs all the time it works great.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
Just paint your stock bulbs with pink model paint I paint bulbs all the time it works great.
Daggumit. Where were you before I bought them? Lol I'll stop by walmart after work and see if they have any. I won't be able to get to an actual hobby shop til Monday. Darn Seafood Feastival is this weekend

Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM

Every time I've tried to use paint it burnt off and stunk up the truck. The little silicone sleeves they sale at parts stores also burn after awhile.

Quick Reply: Got a question about Light Bulbs