Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Got some plans...what ya think? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/got-some-plans-what-ya-think-37612/)

Buck731 12-02-2009 11:55 PM

Got some plans...what ya think?

Here is a list of plans I have for my 2000 LT, 2wd, 4dr.

-ss style front bumper cover
-drop 1" drop f/r
-2" Cowl induction hood
-paint black base, tungstune silver racing strips
-16x8, 5 spoke rims off the 2005
-vette tail lights in the rear hatch
-remove luggage rack and fill holes
-Dual exhaust 3"
-shave handles
-debadge
-billit grill inserts

Just to list a few... tell me what you think so far

old skool luvr 12-03-2009 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Buck731 (Post 270702)
Here is a list of plans I have for my 2000 LT, 2wd, 4dr.

-ss style front bumper cover
-drop 1" drop f/r
-2" Cowl induction hood
-paint black base, tungstune silver racing strips
-16x8, 5 spoke rims off the 2005
-vette tail lights in the rear hatch
-remove luggage rack and fill holes
-Dual exhaust 3"
-shave handles
-debadge
-billit grill inserts

Just to list a few... tell me what you think so far

now this is just MPO, but i would go with more than an inch of drop. the amount of work involved, you might as well go for at least 2", but i'd lean more to 3 or 4 myself. hell, i dumped my '78 LB a full 6" in the front & 9 in the rear, and ended up with actually 6 3/4 inches up front.

it's actually spelled tungsten, but what colour is your truck?

as for the exhaust, i'd hide the exhaust up in the rear quarters, but that'd be kinda hard with that vac can in the driver's rear sorner. you can even dump them right over the diff. unless you like those "boom tubes" that people seem to stick out under their rear bumper.

actually, can you even run true "duals" on these 2nd gens? i'm wondering because of the tank sitting there on the driver's side.

that's just my nickel, GL with the build.

ABN31B 12-03-2009 12:35 AM

I think you have the making for a very slick pimped ride there. any inside plans?

Buck731 12-03-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 270721)
now this is just MPO, but i would go with more than an inch of drop. the amount of work involved, you might as well go for at least 2", but i'd lean more to 3 or 4 myself. hell, i dumped my '78 LB a full 6" in the front & 9 in the rear, and ended up with actually 6 3/4 inches up front.

it's actually spelled tungsten, but what colour is your truck?

as for the exhaust, i'd hide the exhaust up in the rear quarters, but that'd be kinda hard with that vac can in the driver's rear sorner. you can even dump them right over the diff. unless you like those "boom tubes" that people seem to stick out under their rear bumper.

actually, can you even run true "duals" on these 2nd gens? i'm wondering because of the tank sitting there on the driver's side.

that's just my nickel, GL with the build.

I will consider the 2-3" drop. I just don't care for the slammed look. As for right now my truck is dark blue. I'm planning on having it repainted metallic Black. My wife sudgested that I go with yellow Stripes in stead of the tungsten. As for the duals, I'm going to have to run cat back's and modify them a bit (From what I was told). I don't car for the "boom tubes"...I was planning to drop just behind the Diff. Thanks for the idea's... this is the first restomod I'll be doing. So I'm a little lost here.

Buck731 12-03-2009 09:47 PM

Yes, I do have plans for the inside. I'm going to Upgrade to racing buckets in the front and back with five point harnesses. Over haul the dash, paint to match the exterior colors. All upholstery will match the exterior. The guage cluster is going to be changed out...just looking for the right style cluster. Im going to remove the center console in the and fabricate one to go from front to back. The only thing is...NO MONITORS. Will have a killer sound system put in...If you have any ideas...let me know.

old skool luvr 12-03-2009 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Buck731 (Post 271106)
I will consider the 2-3" drop. I just don't care for the slammed look. ...........

i wouldn't really call a 2 to 3" drop "slammed", that'd be more like the 5" that we put under my brother's '83 xcab Dime. or the (almost) 7/9.5" in my '78 LB had.

a 2 or 3" drop is quite nice, and can be realative cheap, since you can go with the cheaper coil instead of the more expensive spindle. and stay away from the BellTech stuff, it's just over priced, GroundForce is just as good-and a hell of alot cheaper. but this is just MPO.

nj4x4blaze 12-04-2009 05:41 AM

Please don't put vette lights in your tailgate, I've seen it done already and it looks terrible. lol...imo. Btw check out DJM as well, they make drop kits for our trucks as well.

Buck731 12-07-2009 09:18 PM

I will have to check you JDM. Thank you. As for the Vette lights...I just found a a pic that someone had done it....I agree, it is pretty nasty looking. Ill stick to my euro's aI have now