General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got some plans...what ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Starting Member
Buck731 is on a distinguished road
Default Got some plans...what ya think?

Here is a list of plans I have for my 2000 LT, 2wd, 4dr.

-ss style front bumper cover
-drop 1" drop f/r
-2" Cowl induction hood
-paint black base, tungstune silver racing strips
-16x8, 5 spoke rims off the 2005
-vette tail lights in the rear hatch
-remove luggage rack and fill holes
-Dual exhaust 3"
-shave handles
-debadge
-billit grill inserts

Just to list a few... tell me what you think so far

Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buck731
Here is a list of plans I have for my 2000 LT, 2wd, 4dr.

-ss style front bumper cover
-drop 1" drop f/r
-2" Cowl induction hood
-paint black base, tungstune silver racing strips
-16x8, 5 spoke rims off the 2005
-vette tail lights in the rear hatch
-remove luggage rack and fill holes
-Dual exhaust 3"
-shave handles
-debadge
-billit grill inserts

Just to list a few... tell me what you think so far
now this is just MPO, but i would go with more than an inch of drop. the amount of work involved, you might as well go for at least 2", but i'd lean more to 3 or 4 myself. hell, i dumped my '78 LB a full 6" in the front & 9 in the rear, and ended up with actually 6 3/4 inches up front.

it's actually spelled tungsten, but what colour is your truck?

as for the exhaust, i'd hide the exhaust up in the rear quarters, but that'd be kinda hard with that vac can in the driver's rear sorner. you can even dump them right over the diff. unless you like those "boom tubes" that people seem to stick out under their rear bumper.

actually, can you even run true "duals" on these 2nd gens? i'm wondering because of the tank sitting there on the driver's side.

that's just my nickel, GL with the build.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I think you have the making for a very slick pimped ride there. any inside plans?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
now this is just MPO, but i would go with more than an inch of drop. the amount of work involved, you might as well go for at least 2", but i'd lean more to 3 or 4 myself. hell, i dumped my '78 LB a full 6" in the front & 9 in the rear, and ended up with actually 6 3/4 inches up front.

it's actually spelled tungsten, but what colour is your truck?

as for the exhaust, i'd hide the exhaust up in the rear quarters, but that'd be kinda hard with that vac can in the driver's rear sorner. you can even dump them right over the diff. unless you like those "boom tubes" that people seem to stick out under their rear bumper.

actually, can you even run true "duals" on these 2nd gens? i'm wondering because of the tank sitting there on the driver's side.

that's just my nickel, GL with the build.

I will consider the 2-3" drop. I just don't care for the slammed look. As for right now my truck is dark blue. I'm planning on having it repainted metallic Black. My wife sudgested that I go with yellow Stripes in stead of the tungsten. As for the duals, I'm going to have to run cat back's and modify them a bit (From what I was told). I don't car for the "boom tubes"...I was planning to drop just behind the Diff. Thanks for the idea's... this is the first restomod I'll be doing. So I'm a little lost here.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Starting Member

Yes, I do have plans for the inside. I'm going to Upgrade to racing buckets in the front and back with five point harnesses. Over haul the dash, paint to match the exterior colors. All upholstery will match the exterior. The guage cluster is going to be changed out...just looking for the right style cluster. Im going to remove the center console in the and fabricate one to go from front to back. The only thing is...NO MONITORS. Will have a killer sound system put in...If you have any ideas...let me know.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buck731
I will consider the 2-3" drop. I just don't care for the slammed look. ...........
i wouldn't really call a 2 to 3" drop "slammed", that'd be more like the 5" that we put under my brother's '83 xcab Dime. or the (almost) 7/9.5" in my '78 LB had.

a 2 or 3" drop is quite nice, and can be realative cheap, since you can go with the cheaper coil instead of the more expensive spindle. and stay away from the BellTech stuff, it's just over priced, GroundForce is just as good-and a hell of alot cheaper. but this is just MPO.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Please don't put vette lights in your tailgate, I've seen it done already and it looks terrible. lol...imo. Btw check out DJM as well, they make drop kits for our trucks as well.

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 12-04-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Starting Member

I will have to check you JDM. Thank you. As for the Vette lights...I just found a a pic that someone had done it....I agree, it is pretty nasty looking. Ill stick to my euro's aI have now