General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Gota sell my blzr :( LOTS of new parts, how much should I ask for it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Gota sell my blzr :( LOTS of new parts, how much should I ask for it?

Theres been LOTS of work done on my black 1995 Blzr LS 4wd 2dr 4.3 Vortec 6 cyl and hate to sell it but cant afford to keep putn money in it. 4wd works no prob in Hi and in Lo, it has all available options except leather seats, has the tow package and roof rack. It just hit 202K miles and its a long list but this is what its had in the last yr (most still covered by warranty too!)

Radiator and radiator hose
Heater core hose (inlet one)
Several vacuum hoses
Intake gaskets
Valve cover gaskets
Spider cleaned
Alternator
Battery
Water pump
Master Cylinder
New brakes and rotors on front
Knocker sensor
O2 sensor
Thermostat
Rear Pinion Seal
Fan clutch
Fuel pump and fuel filter
Serpentine Belt
All new front end except tie rods, steering box and wheel bearings (but bearings were checked and greased...this was done in Oct. 2011)
Alignment
Oil changed last week (Oil changes have always been done on time and its always been maintained properly otherwise as well.)
Complete tune up
Tranny was rebuilt by previous owner approx 2 yrs ago, give or take.
Goodyear tires (all 4) put on March/April 2011 so just over a yr old and plenty of tread left (plus good tread on spare as well)
No leaks, doesnt use oil or tranny fluid

Now the bad things or things that I havent had a chance to repair...

A/C needs either the power plug that goes in the compressor or else a new compressor (had it checked and charged and was told it is plug)
Washer fluid reservoir has a leak but works fine when it does have fluid
Cruise control button sticks sometimes but just needs cleaned (never remember to do this though since I rarely use it lol)
There is a couple dents on pass side and a scrape in the paint (back of door and on panel next to door where ladys van popped outta gear and rolled into it)
ABS light has been on since master cylinder went out caus a sensor went out (I think) but ABS works just fine so may just need to be reset
One of the lil doors on the cubby hole next to the back seat popped off and cant find anyone with a rivet gun to pop it back on

If someone could give me an idea of what I should ask for it that would be great, and I know that I will never get even close to what I have in it but it is what it is.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Lots done to it & receipts will help in the final sale price.
Biggest issue I see is the A/C compressor, but they look on ebay & getting it swapped out, vacuumed & filled will probably be more than the $200 for a new pump. (unless they know someone).
Next is the master cylinder & that can be had at a wrecker for $30.

Dents, regular wear n tear etc - it's a '95!!!

If you have receipts, it's clean, tires have decent tread etc (a lot of visual things) I'd ask $4500 & hope for 4k maybe settle for just under.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Indeed IT all depends on area too .... Around here they go for a decent price but they all gonna have problems.

You might get lucky. Check out how much there selling for in your area and try to match your price.
With this economy people are gonna low ball you thats for sure.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Starting Member

The master cylinder is new as well. I may hav screwed up when I spoke of it but it was replaced the day it failed, and is still under warranty too. Prob 95% of the items listed are under warranty for at least the next 6-9 mths and some longer than that. And I figured the a/c would be the biggest price issue...but for that many new parts I figure the next owner can fix it if they want lol around here ive seen 93's to 98's goin for basically the same price and cant find ne close to a 95 that is a 2dr or with the tow package so im stumped...i have my for sale sign but aint got the heart yet to put it in the window ive only seen one around here like it so that helps when it comes to price...right?

Old 07-28-2012, 10:03 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah having different options etc helps with the price.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

Name:  35da5g.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  34.2 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
35da5g.jpg (34.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

in CT you may be lucky to get $1500 for that truck.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Starting Member

If I cant get at least $1800 for it Ill just keep it to make sure I got a hot ride I get checked out in and not a grocery getter lol