General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Grand Theft Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grand Theft Auto

Hey all, well wednesday my moms 1993 new yorker got stolen.

she was at work when it happend, in a mall parking lot in the day time, belive it or not.

so far the police or the insurance company have done jake squat.

anyone know what she is entitled to? or do they expect her to go carless for weeks and weeks........she should at least get a free rental.......

Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Grand Theft Auto

I love that game!

But seriously, talk with the insurance company. It is their responsibility. You have to read through the policy as to what she is entitled to. Some can get iffy with stolen vehicle clauses

Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

one of my girls bought an 08 mariner monday last week, and on tuesday, it had been stolen. it sucks bro.

most policies have a provision for a rental car, will say in the policy.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I just turned 17, so I bought the whole GTA series.

Anyway, what insurance company does she use?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud
anyone know what she is entitled to? or do they expect her to go carless for weeks and weeks........she should at least get a free rental.......
It all depends on what coverage she purchased when the policy was written. Usually the "Comprehensive" portion covers theft, vandalism, and acts of nature. However, I don't know how they do it in your state. Here in MD, it's pretty much the law to get that coverage on a new car. On cars a certain amount of years old, it's optional. I have Comp on my Blazer even though it's 11 years old -- but that's because I mod it, and it's worth more to me than what's on the papers. I'm even considering changing my coverage from the standard type to the "set amount" type (meaning you insure a specific dollar amount), once I add major mods to it. That way, if the truck is ever totalled or stolen, I won't be stiffed by getting the blue book value, which is laughable compared to what it's really worth after all the changes.

As for the rental car, that's usually optional coverage. It depends on whether she opted in for that when she bought the policy. If she didn't, then she's on her own. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

What can I say? Insurance is the biggest legal scam out there.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

cool, in saskatchewan, anyways, we use "sgi" saskatchewan government insurance.

they're supposed to get a hold of my mom in a couple days. I'll have to go grab a brochure or something.

I was constantly doing minor repairs on that pos anyway.....but nothing ever went wrong with the engine, thankfully.

so now she gets to drive my Jimmy around.....sigh......

Old 09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

Hey all, well wednesday my moms 1993 new yorker got stolen.

she was at work when it happend, in a mall parking lot in the day time, belive it or not.

so far the police or the insurance company have done jake squat.

Hey sorry to hear your mom's car got stolen. I know the feeling because I went through it twice. First off the police don't do crap about looking for a stolen car. They normally just wait till it turns up, and half the time they find it because of street cleaning. Now as with insurance, you need to double check the policy she had on the car. I know here in NJ there are different types of coverages from Liability to Full Coverage. Liability here is just coverage saying you have insurance incase you smash into somebody. Other than that, they don't cover anything, so if it gets stolen then you are beat. Like everybody said just read through her policy. Hopefully they find the car with minimum damage. Again sorry to hear her car was stolen and theives need to just die.