General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

GRRRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
geekdagr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GRRRRRRRR

i need some help here....im getting 9.8 miles to the gallon.....any ideas on what the problem is....this is all of the things i have done....changed spark plugs with platinum plugs.....new fuel pump and fuel and air filter....new shocks.....new ball joints....new tires...air pressure is 40 to 42 psi....new brakes and rotors all 4 tires...gas mileage has been terrible for over a year now........its NOT in 4wd....it runs with lots of power...never stutters...never had a problem starting even when it was 5 degrees outside....it runs like a new corvette....i just get very bad gas mileage and i dont know why....any ideas....oh yeah and it has 98000 miles....thanks for ur time

Old 04-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: GRRRRRRRR

Have you serviced the tranny and differentials lately? Believe me, it helps. Do you have a lot of stuff in your Blazer? Extra weight does not help fuel mileage.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Beginning Member
geekdagr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

nope havent serviced the tranny....and i dont have no weight in the blazer....never haul anything or never tow anything with it....only weight in it is me...im 180 lbs...lol...

Old 04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Yea im getting about that right now with my blazer.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i get at least 16 out of mine, as much as 19 or 20 if i am lucky, but i a 95 s-10 4x4 with 31" tires and it got about what you are getting.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Your blazer may be running rich(too much fuel, not enough air)or you could be running the hell out of it. I get 20mpg with my CAI and Flowmaster.

Also it may be time to get your cat changed.

Oh and check your MAF and filter for blockages.