General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

halo projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:18 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default halo projectors?

i hate to sound dumb, but how do halo projectors look? thehalois pretty sick looking but is that what puts out the light or is that just like a DRL kinda thing and it has another actual bulb for the brigter light??

Old 07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: halo projectors?

The halo is an entirely seperate light which is only meant for accenting. So you would have your normal high and low beam bulbs plus an extra built in halo light that you could wire up to a switch or to the parking lights (just splice her onto the side marker light wiring). As for the performance of the projectors I am not sure how they do, but my guess is they would do even better if they were HID projectors (freakin sweet and super bright, my Mom has them on her MINI cooper s convertible).

-Lenny

Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

My projectors use an H1 bulb that is just as good as the stock. The halos are simply two LEDs encased in a plastic ring which carries the light full circle. The High beams are just polished chrome reflectors, but they really are better than the stock high beams. When meeting my Blazer, you are not a blinded as you would be if they were stock either. The projectors are made to focus more of the light on the driving surface and the roadside, rather than letting the light bleed too far off the needed lighting area. The high beam also has a lesser surface area, meaning that the oncoming driver has a smaller lighted area to be blinded by.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Even halogen projectors are sweet... I love mine!

And I don't even have a fancy bulb in them yet! lol

When I've got an extra $1000 or so kicking around, I'm probably going to go to HID projectors....

Old 07-31-2007, 07:46 PM

o ok cool thanks guys. i might put some on my christmas list...

Old 07-31-2007, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: drperry
And I don't even have a fancy bulb in them yet! lol
I threw in some silverstar H1s, but I'm not fond of them. I like brilliant white.

You'll definately have to get you some Projs. First you'll want to get some tails and some clear signals. What kind of housing do you want (chrome, black, CF)?

I'd also suggest dropping the running boards if you don't use them, or perhaps the trim. Give it a smoother look.That will get you noticed!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM

o im gonna go w/ the black for sure, its looks sick. i just found a set of black turns for $15 on ebay too! im gettin ready to order them clicky
and ive thought about ditching the bars and trim,im worried about teh trim for 2 reasons tho:
i read a post where s/o said their 99 LS had holes in the bumper for the trim, and it kinda helps w/ dents and dings doesnt it?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran

Honestly, with a black ride I would want chrome. It would break up the monotony of monocolor. I would then get chrome door handles and a billet grille.

You wont have holes from the door trim and the badges. If you take off the bumper cover.......

Old 07-31-2007, 08:22 PM

o i know the badges wont, but will there be a outline from where the paint has faded? cuz i noticed when waxing it the first time there is an outline of the dealer decal under the tailgate handle, used to be in michigan lol

Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran

I guess it depends on if the vehicle has set out in the sun a long time. Mine had mild clearcoat damage around where the trim had rubbed over time. So I covered it! LOL I would take it off to see if it is faded and you can put it back on with 3m tape.

Quick Reply: halo projectors?