General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
nedypickles is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone else had these problems?

When I bought my 2000 Blazer last November I noticed it was really squeaky. The drivers side door squeaks but WD 40 has helped. But there's other squeaks and creaks. My spare rattles and squeaks and I can't figure out how to make it stop with out taking the thing out (which I don't want to do because knowing my luck the day I take it out is the day I need it), the storage compartments rattle and so do the seats on rough highway roads, and there's this rattling that sounds like it is coming from under the hood on the driver's side really close to the wind shield but that only happened once and then stopped. Anyone know what's up and how to fix the squeaks and rattles??
Oh and I have a few more problems, my back hatch the shocks don't work unless its hot and dry outside, even when my hatch is closed tightly and my tailgate all nice and closed tightly as well....the "Gate Ajar" light still comes on so I have to get out, open everything up, and close it all again so it goes out. Another thing is my "Service Engine Soon" light comes on at random times and the code the auto parts store gave me, I still can't figure out what's wrong. Oh and to my hubby it looks like there's a heat shield over a part under my blazer thats rattling really bad....will it hurt any to just pop that bad boy off?
Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!
Nedy

Old 09-11-2010, 04:35 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

What code is it throwing when the SES light comes on? We can't help unless we know what it's saying is wrong.

As for the spare, your spare is up under the rear end right? Theres a little pulley system thats used to lift it and hold it in place, you could try tightening it a bit so the tire can't move.

The "gate ajar" light coming on could be caused by the sensor switch going out, open the tailgate and try pushing the switch in with your finger and see if you need to push excessively hard or anything.

My '98 has a lot of squeaking coming from the interior and from the control arm bushings in the front end.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nedypickles
When I bought my 2000 Blazer last November I noticed it was really squeaky. The drivers side door squeaks but WD 40 has helped. But there's other squeaks and creaks. My spare rattles and squeaks and I can't figure out how to make it stop with out taking the thing out (which I don't want to do because knowing my luck the day I take it out is the day I need it), the storage compartments rattle and so do the seats on rough highway roads, and there's this rattling that sounds like it is coming from under the hood on the driver's side really close to the wind shield but that only happened once and then stopped. Anyone know what's up and how to fix the squeaks and rattles??
Oh and I have a few more problems, my back hatch the shocks don't work unless its hot and dry outside, even when my hatch is closed tightly and my tailgate all nice and closed tightly as well....the "Gate Ajar" light still comes on so I have to get out, open everything up, and close it all again so it goes out. Another thing is my "Service Engine Soon" light comes on at random times and the code the auto parts store gave me, I still can't figure out what's wrong. Oh and to my hubby it looks like there's a heat shield over a part under my blazer thats rattling really bad....will it hurt any to just pop that bad boy off?
Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!
Nedy
First lube all bushings and mounts often but you will still have noises. The spare good luck. I swapped out my original exterior carrier because the paint was coming off for one with no paint damage a few years back and it has squeaked since. Replace the support pistons for the tailgate/glass. But you will need to replace both. Like was said already it is probably the switch in the latch for the light. SES we will need the codes to help on that. And last try to resecure the heat shield it is not recomended that you remove the shield since it does protect the inside cabin from the heat of the exhaust and i have seen exhaust systems glow cherry red when the get clogged. I think of all the noises in/from my truck as an extension of me since my knees, shoulders, ankels, wrists and elbows all make noises. so I turn up the radio and the kids named my truck The Squeaker.