General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

has anyone ever seen this version before?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation has anyone ever seen this version before?

I think that it is a Z85, I have never seen one until today. I really love the way that it looks. Has anyone ever tried to turn a 2dr blazer into this version? Or is this too hard to be able to convert into.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Is there suppose to be a picture??

Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

RPO z85 was only increased rear leaf springs (3-4 leafs). My 87 was a factory z85.

If you seen a truck with stickers all over the side it was most likely dealer installed to charge more. Z85 wasn't rare or uncommon option package. It was used on 2wd and 4x4s as its only the rear springs.

Last edited by neo71665; 01-16-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Since we are on the subject, When I went to get the hood for the jimmy, the guys blazer was a Sterling something edition. It had it in big cursive letters on the bottom of the drivers door, it was a 94. I tried to search it up, but could not find anything on it.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Is there suppose to be a picture??
Yes there was suppose to be a picture, for some reason it didn't work out off of my phone. But here it is

I just have never seen one like this. Its really good looking and I am wondering if anyone has ever seen one or heard of someone doing this to their 2dr, because I am now thinking that would be something interesting to look into getting done on mine.

Attached Thumbnails has anyone ever seen this version before?-1999-chevrolet-blazer-image-suv_03-1024_zpsba8adc4f.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
Since we are on the subject, When I went to get the hood for the jimmy, the guys blazer was a Sterling something edition. It had it in big cursive letters on the bottom of the drivers door, it was a 94. I tried to search it up, but could not find anything on it.
I have actually seen one that sounds kinda like that around my neighborhood. Next time I see it I'll try to figure out what edition of the blazers it is.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

not a factory back. someone chopped the back of the roof off a std blazer. looks well done too!

Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ZaBlazer99
I have actually seen one that sounds kinda like that around my neighborhood. Next time I see it I'll try to figure out what edition of the blazers it is.
Awesome, thanks, It has really been driving me nuts on what edition it was.
The odd part about it, is there was nothing special about it really. cloth interior, analog dash. just had bigger flares, running boards and that cursive edition on the bottom of the drivers door.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM

Is SO nice looking. It would be so sweet to get this done, there are a ton of 2dr blazers in my area, none of them are lifted...they are all lowered, so mine with the 30 inch tires and bar on the front stands out, but something like that would be so sick.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Nice grille & fog lamps too, good looking custom job! Not factory. RPO Z85 was tagged as "Firm ride suspension". It includes stiffer rear springs and torsion bars, and uses the same alignment specs, (camber, caster & toe) as the ZR2. Front chassis ride height remained unchanged due to the ZR2 using a different frame.

Quick Reply: has anyone ever seen this version before?