General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Has anyone used this Turbo-dealy?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
rodeofan5656 is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone used this Turbo-dealy?

i was cruizin eBay today for random stuff on the Blazer. i came across this. it looks pretty cool, but does it work?

common sense tells me it wont. cause the exhaust on a real turbo turns the turbo to FORCE the air into the intake. this little "fan" isnt gonna spin any faster than the air movin through it. so it cant force air in, can it?

Auto Single Air Intake Gas Fuel Saver Turbo Charger Engine Enhancer Fan Blue New | eBay

Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if its to good to be true.....so no.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM

i didnt think of it that way. but im tryin to see if i can get proved wrong haha. i wanna see if this little b***h can even do anythin but block air

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

pointless waste of money .... Spend the 13 bucks on me it would be for a better cause. =P

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You realize that decent computer fans cost 2x or 3x more than that right? So I think they would move more air (~200 CFM). Just a complete waste of money IMO.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

install it and when it breaks and the parts go into your engine...well then that may just cost you the amount of a real turbo

Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM

i didnt plan on gettin it, cause i didnt see how it would work. if anythin, it looks like it would restrict air flow. ill stick with just a CAI and see what kinda difference it makes.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

The thing isn't powered. So the only thing moving it is the air velocity, which is created by the vacuum inside the manifold. So instead of your engine just pulling in air, now it has to turn a fan as well. Not only will it do nothing to increase engine performance, it might actually hurt it (although not enough to notice.)

If it was really so great, could boost mileage, horsepower, etc, every OE on the planet would install them in their cars at the factory.

A few years back HOTROD Magazine had an article about those crappy electric "turbo chargers" you see on fleBay and elsewhere. Similar to what you posted, but using a 12V source to spin a fan that will supposedly "turbocharge" your engine. They went through the math to determine how much horsepower (watts, amps, I forget the formulas they used) it takes to actually produce an amount of boost (psi) to increase engine output. What they discovered, is that to make any power at all, you would need some ungodly large alternator (think 1,000s of amps), and/or a trailer full of batteries towed behind your car.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah it may make the air swirl a little, but by the time it gets to the cylinders - nah.

I have 8 of them inline (not my actual Wynjammer Supercharger) I lied
When I get the lifter issue corrected... care to race?
I know you were just asking btw. I'd stear clear of it or... hey it's only $13 give it a shot. It'll make the air swirl for a bit while going through all the bends of the intake to combustion. To that end I see it as probably waisting the intake volume of air because it's disturbed from having to turn that fan, hurting performance/economy.
In that 1/64 of a second that the air enters & is mixed just before the combustion/power stroke cycle hits I really doubt that'll have any positive effect.
I push 6psi around idle & up to 8psi at 4300rpm & +... that makes a difference! The really low volume swirl the ebay thing may have, won't do SFA IMO.

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-24-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:20 PM

im thinkin it does the same as the old Tornado air dealies i used to see on TV. you install it in your intake hose/pipe like this, but it was a stationary fan. all it does is spin the air. the only good thing about is that i can think of is that it will help mix the fuel and air (creatin turbulence) in the cylinder before ignition. but all that does is help to burn most of the fuel in the cylinder (by atomizin it more) and spread the combustion pressure evenly on the piston crown. MAYBE better mpg, but not really a power increase..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone used this Turbo-dealy?