General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headlight question

I bought myself black headlights off ebay and now I am worried I may have bought the wrong ones.

What is that wire coming out of the back middle? I have a 2000 2dr 4x4 and that wasnt there when I took my old ones off.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Headlight question

It looks like these headlamps use a differenet style low beam bulb. It should still plug in just like your current headlights do as the plug on the end of those wires looks like it is the same as the stock bulbs.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Ok thanks I would rather buy a bulb then going through the hassle of trying to return these.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

The ones with the thing on the back are projectors, but the actual headlights above has no projectors

Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 AM

So they just screwed up the pictures...?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Either projector style, or non-projector style will work. As I stated earlier, the projector styled headlamps have the factory bulb plug on the end of the wires for a plug-n-play installation. If your's don't have the projector, then you should just simply have to swap the bulbs over and hook up the wiring. If they do have the projectors, then you only have to swap over the high beam and park/signal light bulbs, then plug in the wiring and go.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:04 PM

ok I understand now thanks for the help!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

post pics up when youre done! ive got those same lights on my christmas list...

Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM

My blazer is at the dealership getting parts painted, Ill get the lights installed probably thurs-friday then ill post the pics up. I also have black tailights for the blacked out theme.
Next on my list is wheels.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 PM

There is the headlights installed for anyone who wants to see what they look like.

Quick Reply: Headlight question