General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 PM
my1blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

im 16 and wanted to know how do i find out wat kind of truck i have. on the door it says LT and its a 4 door and my mom says it a s-10 and i looked around and the s-10 are pickups and i dont have any type of manual to tell me and the year is 1996

Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: help

You have a Blazer. The S10 moniker was dropped after the fullsize Blazer name was dropped even though these vehicles are still based on the S-series platform.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
my1blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

so what do i call it - blazer s-series or whats the proper saying

Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just Blazer will suffice. You can call it whatever you like. If an autoparts store cannot find it, throw in "S10" before "Blazer". It seems like more and more parts stores are hiring the automotively challenged so they need all the extra description they can get. In their system, there should only be on Blazer listing for 96+.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Most likely its a 1996 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT like mine
But i have a 1994

Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Cavalier z24

Most likely its a 1996 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT like mine
But i have a 1994
that would confuse them even more since when they dropped the s10 moniker the fullsize "blazers" were renamed tahoe and suburban and I believe (correct me if im wrong ive never owned a 2nd gen) that 2nd gen were all LS, LT etc no more names like tahoe etc after like 1st gens had.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Correct. The Tahoe trim level died with the 1st gens.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually just throw in s10 to the people at the auto parts store. They ask me if it's full size or s10 anyway, not like it should matter because I think they quit making the full size in 94 and started making them the Tahoes.