General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Starting Member
redneck628 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!

I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy and i need to replace the fuel pump. i know its taking the easy way out but i dont want to drop the tank all i want to do is cut a hole in the floor to replace it. Has anyone here done this? if so what are the measurements i need in order to cut the hole. i have not had my truck running for about 2 weeks and would like to be able to drive it again if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

i have done it, but there really is no real specific measurments, the hole should be 1x1 foot square though, will make it easier to hinge it back up to make a "trap door" also, get some 2" wide aluminum strip to rivot onto one side to act as a stop when its closed back up, and seal it up.

they way i found the measurements is i looked between the frame where the gas tank is and measured, and transferred where the middle of the fuel pump is to the inside of the truck