General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

help w/ fuel/igntion...01 4.3l 6 2wd LT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
pickett is on a distinguished road
Default help w/ fuel/igntion...01 4.3l 6 2wd LT

just trying to save some $ by avoiding a real mechanic. hope someone can help. Here's the long version (sorry, but I figured the more info you have the better off i'll be)....
bout early jan. I was headed home (3 miles or so) through the city. when I pulled to a stop or slowed to turn, the truck would stall (dying once or twice). didn't have any trouble the next day. over the next week and half or so it did the same thing, but only on occasion. for example if I was run'n errands through town, it seemed to only do it if I just jumped in and took off...not giving it time to warm up.
about a week and a half ago temps got below 0 for several days in a row, we had ice and snow, so I opted to take my wives AWD vehicle to work. I knew better but didn't start my truck for a couple of days. ended up changing the battery out of that deal. so, new battery ice cleared went to start and would not. it rolled over and acted like it wanted to, but would not start.
ruled out fuel pump after turn'n on key and hearing it engage. also took rear line off filter and gas shot out of line w/ key turned on. hearing/feeling relay switch in fuse box. also went ahead and changed fuel filter.
the following day I was going to check for "spark". had wife turn key, and to my surprise truck fired right up. ran for a while, turned it off started back up again w/ no problems. when I ran through the gears it ran really rough while engaged. neutral and park ran fine. decided to take it for a spin...got same results as original problem....stalling and nearly dying at a stop sign or slowing down to turn. found a long stretch of road where I could "open it up" it done just fine....never sputtered, just got up and went.
in closing it seems my only problem is when I am sitting still or slowing down and while truck is engaged.
sorry for the lengthy message, but I would greatly appreciate any and all help. side note...i'm no mechanic by any means, can only do what i'm told to do (and that's usually by site) so if you can suggest websites or something that would help as well.
thanks in advance.