General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

hey guys looking into getting a blazer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
seahawkswag12 is on a distinguished road
Default hey guys looking into getting a blazer.

I been looking into getting a s10 im new to em dont know much just got a few questions.

Is a 2 or 4 door better? Hows the gas mileage (dont care just curious) i plan on lifting it enough for 31s or something along thoes lines enough to give it that mean look, i got a phone no computer so it wont let me search around for some reason so if you got pics of one on 31s or so that would be great, and hows the 4wheel drive? Stupid questions lol but i really want to invest in one. Thanks anything else let me know!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by seahawkswag12
I been looking into getting a s10 im new to em dont know much just got a few questions.

Is a 2 or 4 door better? Hows the gas mileage (dont care just curious) i plan on lifting it enough for 31s or something along thoes lines enough to give it that mean look, i got a phone no computer so it wont let me search around for some reason so if you got pics of one on 31s or so that would be great, and hows the 4wheel drive? Stupid questions lol but i really want to invest in one. Thanks anything else let me know!
First off, welcome to the forum!

Hi, it is all personal preference about a 2 or 4 door. If you have more than one person riding with you a lot, it helps to have the extra 2 back doors. But some people think the 2 door versions are sportier. And if you are looking in to getting a ZR2(off-road package for blazer), they are only 2 door anyway. The gas mileage is so-so. I get 15 city 20 highway most of the time or around there. If you go with a lift, depending on how big of a lift, you might want to regear. But if your trying to just fit 31s, you can either get a 2 or 3 inch body lift or do the torsion bar tweak to get what you need. The 4-wheel drive is pretty good, there are two versions, an electronic and manual shift. Personally, I like my manual shift because it is less trouble imo. Also, check the glovebox or vin number of the blaze and see if it has a G80 code which means it has a rear locker. This might help a bit off road. And finally, a pic of 31s!

This is 31s with a very minor lift.

Last edited by tibby; 10-17-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add more content
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
seahawkswag is on a distinguished road

Ok cool im gunna stick to the 4 doors, thats decent gas mileage for an SUV thats not a 2011 lol. Nice blazer, now if i tweak the bars will i need blocks or something in the back to even it out?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

2 inches lift shackles will work

Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Make sure the one you buy was well maintained, they are money pits if they are neglected. I love my 2 door. I have almost. Become a little obsessed with it, I look forward to getting off of work just to drive it haha. The 4x4 is great. I need a locker but aside from that it kicks butt off road. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 PM

Sticks are a no no for me lol i hate em.. Cool thanks xgiovannix12, Gator definatly has to be, I plan on keeping it for a longg time! im trying to get rid of my 05 impala i bought from a dealer (MISTAKE) i miss my trucks and i repod an s10 the other day and it put my impala to shame lol. Is there anything i should be worried about of em as in tranny motor wise or? Whats the differents between a jimmy s10 and bravada? The bravada sure is alot nicer inside.

Sorry for the dumb questions its just i dont know jack about em lol

Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by seahawkswag12
Sticks are a no no for me lol i hate em.. Cool thanks xgiovannix12, Gator definatly has to be, I plan on keeping it for a longg time! im trying to get rid of my 05 impala i bought from a dealer (MISTAKE) i miss my trucks and i repod an s10 the other day and it put my impala to shame lol. Is there anything i should be worried about of em as in tranny motor wise or? Whats the differents between a jimmy s10 and bravada? The bravada sure is alot nicer inside.

Sorry for the dumb questions its just i dont know jack about em lol
They are all variations of one another.

The Chevy Blazer, GMC Jimmy, and Oldsmobile Bravada all have minor differences. The one most people see if the grille of each. They are different.The blazer and jimmy can have nice trim levels, but the bravada is hard to beat in the luxury department.

Chevy stayed with the the S10 pick up and the GMC equivalent was the S15 which changed in to being the GMC Sonoma.

The motor is essentially a 350 V8 minus two cylinders which makes the 4.3 V6. They are both very strong engines as far as durability and being able to hold up to challenging tasks.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by tibby
They are all variations of one another.

The Chevy Blazer, GMC Jimmy, and Oldsmobile Bravada all have minor differences. The one most people see if the grille of each. They are different.The blazer and jimmy can have nice trim levels, but the bravada is hard to beat in the luxury department.

Chevy stayed with the the S10 pick up and the GMC equivalent was the S15 which changed in to being the GMC Sonoma.

The motor is essentially a 350 V8 minus two cylinders which makes the 4.3 V6. They are both very strong engines as far as durability and being able to hold up to challenging tasks.

Thanks for the info buddy, Im definatly diggin the Bravada alot, Definatly excited to get one will be a good project to build.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Bravadas are very nice, but as a down fall fewer people own them so replacement parts are a little more expensive (luxury parts). My jimmy is the SLS trim package, it has every luxury item you can think of aside from leather seats. (Which in the south you do not really want leather anyway.) But make sure you check the Transmission fluid before you buy it to see if it's nasty!!!! <<<< VERY IMPORTANT, I made this mistake and I had to have mine rebuilt last month. All the jimmys. blazers, bravada, s10 etc... all are very common for trans problems and fuel pump issues, if the fuel pump is screaming plan on replacing it soon. Amazing vehices but just like anything else they have certain weak spots. Good luck and i'm glad to help if you need it!

Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 AM
seahawkswag is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Bravadas are very nice, but as a down fall fewer people own them so replacement parts are a little more expensive (luxury parts). My jimmy is the SLS trim package, it has every luxury item you can think of aside from leather seats. (Which in the south you do not really want leather anyway.) But make sure you check the Transmission fluid before you buy it to see if it's nasty!!!! <<<< VERY IMPORTANT, I made this mistake and I had to have mine rebuilt last month. All the jimmys. blazers, bravada, s10 etc... all are very common for trans problems and fuel pump issues, if the fuel pump is screaming plan on replacing it soon. Amazing vehices but just like anything else they have certain weak spots. Good luck and i'm glad to help if you need it!
Ok cool good looking out bro, im gunna take my time and find the right one for sure.

Quick Reply: hey guys looking into getting a blazer.