General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

hey werid but good idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
killen09 is on a distinguished road
Default hey werid but good idea

now I am thinking about getting a 95 chevy blazer 4door now my question is Would you beable to put a vw diesel 1.9 twin turbos lol hahah in that blazer and adapt 4x4 to it and plus get atleast 40 mpgs in it just wondering

Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

how old are you?

Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

It would all depend on you because with the right mind set and determination almost anything can be achieved. And with proper research planing and experimentation

Old 10-31-2010, 10:15 AM

well first of all im 20 and I have some mechanical and welding skills and yeah anythin is possible lol but where would I go has anyone ever done this before?can it be 4x4 which meaning rear wheel drive and not front wheel drive? I know what a motor and trans would cost roughly I seen a guy on another fourm do this swap in a ford ranger and he had the vw cluster and all wires now would this be good to do in my truck or get my wirng scematics in order lol

Old 10-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

There was someone on here earlier that swapped in a mercedes 3 liter diesel, my thought is a 1.9l would be a little small for a blazer. Cherokee's came with a 2.5 in some markets and I would use that as a minimum.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 AM

well i want great fuel mileage so vw diesel is a good way and yeah i seen that truck nive runing and also what about a 2.2l that came in these the izuzu diiesel they run forever it seems like????

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i think our trucks are too heavy for that engine, if you want good gas milage get a car.........lol, thats all i can say...........

Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

the older s10s actually had a diesel option. i think it was some crappy izusu engine. ive yet to see one but they do talk about them in the chilton manual. i kinda wonder if there are any that still exist

Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 AM

look it up on youtube their are some still exsiting and no they werent crappy they lasted a long time they are basically the same motor in the big izuzu box trucks but noone took care of them and they got decent gas mileage but they were used up and most went to the junkyard because rust killed those trucks

Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

^^ like most tree-hugger mobiles. The hippy driving them is usually too afraid to use water and non-biodegradeable soap, and carnuba wasn't environmental so it never saw a wax... AND undercoating has OIL (OH NOES) so the undercarriage rotted away. The interor was also bug infested because of the dirt in their dreads.

Sorry, I'm over people telling me I should have bought a Golf instead of a pickup... "Hey DIPSH!T, can your Wabbit tow two ATV's or a 1/2 ton of bricks in the bed? NO? Then STFU AND GTFO..."

/rant

Get a 6.6 Duramax and go nuts :P lmao, The 1.9 would be a dog until your TT's kicked in. Get an old Merc diesel and TT that thing. You'll have all the torque you want too so towing will become a sinch.

Last edited by oktain; 11-03-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: hey werid but good idea