General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hi! And What Have I Done...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Beginning Member
Bretta78 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi! And What Have I Done...

Hello all! I just put down a deposit on my first Blazer... which is also my first 4WD... which is also my first "new" used car in 12 years... and is also a grey import RHD model from Japan (I'm in Australia).

So, anyone care to offer some reassuring words, I'm starting to feel a little nervous about the whole thing!

FYI, I got a 2002 LS, 4 door, 4WD, 74,500kms.
Looking forward to using it to see a bit more of the Aussie outback.

I'd post pics but I have no idea how

If there are any other Aussie Blazer owners floating around on here - how bad is it going to be trying to find parts?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

welcome

Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum, and i think there are a few blazers on here from both australia and i know kiwiblazer is from New Zealand so im sure they will chime in.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from across the ditch! The home of the "ex Jap" Blazers. We've got a 1000 or so running around here! ('98 to '02 models).

Last time I was in Perth I researched & found only one car yard that had imported Blazers (Queensland somewhere).

There are if memory serves me right about 4 Aussies on the forum. I've had e-mails from 3 of them. Seems parts are an issue out there. Engine & tranny are pretty much the same as the same year Holdens & parts may be available. As for other bits at least you can get them from us here in Kiwiland.

PM me or foxxie (who is also an active member - oh yea Bad Attitude is also active) if you need stuff I can point you in the right direction.

We're all in Auckland. Where in OZ are you?

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 03-12-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Beginning Member
Bretta78 is on a distinguished road

Hi mate,

I'm from the Gold Coast in Queensland. There's always at least a couple of Blazers floating around for sale here, mainly '99s.

I probably (ok, definitely) should of checked out the parts situation beforehand, but oh well. Hopefully there will be a fair few Holden parts that are a match/close enough, but I'm prepared to have to fork at $$$$ for the occaisonal replacement, either from an importer or sourcing it from the US myself (US parts will work fine on the RHD models right????). Will also need to look into kiwi sourced parts as well I guess.

On the plus side... In a few days I should have a Blazer of my own!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome

Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum. Please be sure to read all board descriptions as there is a board dedicated to welcoming new members

Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I've always wanted to visit Australia since thats where my idols (AC/DC) are from.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

so this may be an odd question but are there alot of salvage and junk yards in australia and new zealand to go get parts like over here in the US?

Quick Reply: Hi! And What Have I Done...