General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

hid headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
07g5gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hid headlights

how does the headlights in the blazers work with a hid kit. i put a HID kit in my G5 and i love the way they light up and they worked great in my stock houseing. i would only go 6k same as my G5 would there be alot of glare in these houseing and thats the blulb size?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hid headlights

From what i've seen, HID kits don't benefit any vehicle that weren't designed for them. In addition, I believe it is illegal in the US to put HID kits in halogen headlamp housings.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

There will be some glare, but you can just adjust your headlights to limit some of the glare. I have a 8000k kit for my truck that I will be installing soon. So pics will be coming in the next few weeks.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
blazinwheels is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about getting an HID conversion kit for my truck but I am new to this modifying stuff and I wasn't sure of a good brand. I have been looking on eBay for a few weeks and I think I found some I like but I wanted to get someone's opinion on them that does this stuff.

Has anyone ever heard of a company called MOZO. They are selling kits on eBay and the one I want is just $79.00 but they look really nice. You know how most people buy from the maker and then sell it themselves on eBay? These ppl are the manufacturers so I thought it would be safe to get it from them. Plus there is a two year warranty, which is comforting.

Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or knowledge on this I would love the help. Do you think this is a good buy? I care a lot about my Blazer and I don't want to put crap in it.

THANKS!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Can you say message spam???

Not to mention that this thread is 9 months old. Please, if you post in one thread, give people a chance to reply. And never do a weak copy/paste into multiple threads!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Indo G is an unknown quantity at this point

it might be illegal but, what police officer is going to know the bulb pattern to spec? I mean i have never seen or even heard of anyone getting pulled over for illegal bulb pattern, or even HID's in factory housings.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

your better off to buy some projection lights from ebay and put your hids in there.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 AM
g4mbl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

correct 95blzr, buy some projection headlights. and i myself know people that have been ticketed due to having HID's, (i am not sure if its just pa or everywhere) but here it is illegal to have replaced any light with led's on the exterior (will not legally pass you for inspection) and it is illegal to have HID's on anything they did not come factory on. the only way anyone even cares about this one though, is if you do not have high beams, as with some hid kits, they are only single bulb rather then having both highs and lows, which i am not sure if its dual filament, or two bulbs? also, do not go too high in the K as it will be super blue and be pulled over for (get this) "impersonating an emergency vehicle" *roll eyes*

but anywhoo, to Mr. Blazer LT, my friends have indeed put HID's in their Grand Am GT's, and by far increase the seeing distance. i support HID's as long as they are aimed correctly and do not blind oncomming traffic.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Beginning Member
bksowers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they work great!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/12621/DB345E992462411684DEB1547A29506E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Beginning Member
bksowers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry heres a better pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/12621/029EC43107C84C8F88EB168353FFEC77.jpg[/IMG]