General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

HID Projector's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HID Projector's?

Does anyone have an HID light kit in projector headlights? Im thinking about doing it but not sure if it would be any good in the projection headlights. Thanks in advanced for the replies

Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

HIDs are really meant to be put in projection headlights. However, the quality of the optics (the projector) is really important. A good projector should minimize the amount of light lost from going through the lens, as well as have a sharp cutoff (the line you see when you shine your headlights up against a wall).

I really doubt the ones on eBay are high quality, but a lot of members here have them and can give you an accurate appraisal. I know my parent's Acura with factory HIDs/projectors are ridiculously bright and sharp, but I just don't see $100 headlights on eBay even coming close.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:38 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

Ive got em!!!! They do make the color less emphasized though. I have 12000K hid's in mine, and they arent as purple as you think they would be.

I think they are great!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 PM

Also, check out my build thread. It'll show you how to make them fit. There is a modification required to make HID's fit in a projector housing.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I just bought a new set of halo projectors for my blazer cause the ones I have on are scratched and one halo ring is out, but I have 6000K HID's and I bought them off of ebay 2 years ago and not one problem since. I like the 6000K cause it's the closest to daylight you will get, and higher and they start going blue and the blue light affects your night vision, and those violet hid's are just plain stupid looking!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thanks

Thanks for the responses everyone. Matt would say they are brighter than stock housing with HID'S? Was it hard fitting them into the housing of the aftermarket projectors?

Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

The "ebay" halo projectors are still ment for halogen bulbs but you can put HID's in them. These projectors are true HID headlights. I believe they are retrofitted from an acura.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...Q5fAccessories

lol idk who would want to pay $500 per headlight buttttttt. Halogen projectors make the HID's have less hot spots than reflector housings which means the light gets distributed evenly

Last edited by Benedict1337; 09-24-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 PM

s peterson, the HID's really arent plug n play, i had to hold mine in there with electircal tape. The metal brackets dont fit over the HID lights. If i knew it was going to be this hard, i wouldnt have bought them. I suggest you either buy a high end pair of projectors, or just buy a set of black headlights.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:01 AM

Oh, and Projector lights definently make it less bright. If i didnt have projectors, my lights would be ALOT more purple, with projectors, they are blue, with a subtle tint of purple.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea that is why some cars with stock HID's look like they have the stock halogen look. I personally like that better... I think the blue is a little much. I have 4500k and its still sort of blue

Quick Reply: HID Projector's?