Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   HID Projector's? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/hid-projectors-49464/)

cbr995 09-25-2010 05:58 PM

4500k - 6000k is the range for optimal brightness for HIDs.
I've got 5000k, and they are bright white with a slight blue tint. I like the slight blue because they look stock.

matt92 09-26-2010 12:08 AM

yeah, i just chose the blue because im trying to keep a blue/ black kind of theme to my car.

streblo 10-13-2010 09:09 PM

high beam position

Hey guys just looking either switching to projectors and or hid but i had a quick question. Is the projector for the high or the low beam? I know the high beams are the inner lights and the low beams are the outer ones (which in aftermarket lights the projector is). The only reason i ask is i know my outer lights are the daytime running lamps, but i see several blazers out there with the inner lights as the daytime running lamps. Is this just as simple as some different year models using the high beams as daytime running lamps?

wlorton 10-13-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by streblo (Post 370646)
Hey guys just looking either switching to projectors and or hid but i had a quick question. Is the projector for the high or the low beam? I know the high beams are the inner lights and the low beams are the outer ones (which in aftermarket lights the projector is). The only reason i ask is i know my outer lights are the daytime running lamps, but i see several blazers out there with the inner lights as the daytime running lamps. Is this just as simple as some different year models using the high beams as daytime running lamps?

The projectors are normally on the low beams....

My set fit perfectly, but were of poor quality and the mounting broke after about 4-5 months of driving...

My current HID kit is simple as plug and play... And I love it... But I am at a loss I got 10K or 12K I cant remember.. lol....

RangerG 10-13-2010 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by streblo (Post 370646)

Looking at the lights head on, the outer ones are the lows and the inner ones (closest to the grille) are the high beams. I think you have it backwards.

rob44_90 10-13-2010 11:27 PM

Don't buy a 9006 kit!!! I think most Ebay projectors take H1 HID bulbs in the projector and 9005 in the high beam. At least mine does.

rob44_90 10-13-2010 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 370672)
Looking at the lights head on, the outer ones are the lows and the inner ones (closest to the grille) are the high beams. I think you have it backwards.

I think his problem is that his low beams are always on. The sensor in his passenger side dash speaker is either bad or unplugged. The sensor will cause the low beams to do that. - Hope that helps

wlorton 10-14-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by rob44_90 (Post 370679)
Don't buy a 9006 kit!!! I think most Ebay projectors take H1 HID bulbs in the projector and 9005 in the high beam. At least mine does.

:icon_goodpost::icon_that:

Yea, my kit has the tiny H1 bulb... and is bulbous behind it almost making it not fit....

RangerG 10-14-2010 10:24 AM

Mine, oddly enough takes both 9005 bulbs.

streblo 10-14-2010 11:21 PM

yes i thought the projector was the low beam.....odd, my low beams are the daytime running lamps.....model year 2000..sensor on the dash is fine as taillights are off during the day as well as dash interior lights.....are most guys daytime running lamps the high beams??