General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

High brake and throttle Padels

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 03:57 AM
Starting Member
Tarawa75 is on a distinguished road
Default High brake and throttle Padels

Just bought a 2006 Blazer.
everything is fine and working
Only problem is that the brake and throttle padel is very high. Brake is 9 inches from floor . A bit difficult to drive .
is it possible to adjust and lower. There is plenty of room behind it

Old 03-11-2023, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I don't have mine with me to measure, but that looks pretty normal to me.

If you step on the brake with the engine running, how far down does the pedal go?

It CAN be "adjusted", but it's not a simple matter, and you run the risk of the pedal hitting the floor and limiting your braking ability under some ccnditions. It's probably best just to move the seat back a little.

Old 03-22-2023, 06:06 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

I am afraid that the high brake pedal in relation to a low accelerator pedal is a common and as Tom A says is a hard to fix problem with the 2nd Gen. Blazer SUV's and S-10 pick up's. I also find it is difficult to shift the right foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal and back-- a very frequent operation you do in everyday driving. When your foot is on the accelerator pedal, you have to think to pull the right foot back off the accelerator before shifting it to the left to contact the top of the brake pedal. Now this is a frequent operation you do everyday especially driving and braking in heavy city traffic. This must be done quickly and accurately, many times daily, or suffer serious consequences.
One possible thing to try is to secure a wooden board to the small accelerator pad to build the height up. That would lessen the transition to the high brake pad. I would caution you to fasten it securely with lock tight bolts that won't tangle up your shoes which would make this problem even worse. That could also quickly cause a traffic wreck. This is not a duct tape project ! This wooden board would need an anti skid surface to prevent the right shoe from slipping. Maybe try finding an good accelerator pad in the salvage yard or on E Bay to attach firmly to that board you secured on the original pedal. This new pedal should be at the ideal height and proper angle as well. Now we are in the GM engineering development stage.
After you get all the kinks out, you may be able to market this item to the S-10 Blazer and the S-10 pick up forums and make your first million plus have the satisfaction of saving lives and valuable old vehicles. The attorneys you will contact along the way will probably say you will be liable for any wrecks after your customers install it incorrectly and drive with it and have their first accident. First million down the drain in Law suits. Maybe take that developmental budget and play the state lottery. Good luck.