General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How to disable your auto lights in 4 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
toaks1 is on a distinguished road

ahh i tried the dome override light today, and it works on my 2000 jimmy slt.
looks like i dont need to do the brake trick anymore afterall!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright so I've been pushing the override button for a while now. It gets annoying but oh well.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 99 blazer
so all i need is a 2.2 ohm resistor to turn off the headlights?

sorry, missed this one earlier. yeah, on the '99+ trucks it's a 2.2 ohm resistor. only us unlucky ducks with a '98, need to have a >1 ohm in there (like me).

Originally Posted by toaks1
ahh i tried the dome override light today, and it works on my 2000 jimmy slt.
looks like i dont need to do the brake trick anymore afterall!

glad to see you're one of the few that it works for.

but i think Brian says it bang on below............

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Alright so I've been pushing the override button for a while now. It gets annoying but oh well.
and that's why you put in the resistor.

but to each their own.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 AM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

It works in my 01

You can change what on but rotating the dial, like just fog lights, fog and head lights, or no lights

Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
99 blazer is on a distinguished road

ok i dont know much about this but i picked up a 2.2k ohm 1/4 watt.. is that right?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Skool if I knew how to get it to work like these guys are saying I would. I keep hearing about this resister but thats it.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

it works on my 2004 and i found this out one night when i was bored waiting for girlfriend to grab a coat from her house haha.

i have HIDs in my high beams and they don't turn on with drl but the sensor does flip on my lows in the dark. i've never had a problem with the wiring getting hot or anything like that.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

my 97' jimmy has DRL but the HL's don't come on auto. I like using the DRL's when back a trailer in the dark b/c they aren't very bright, however my 02' sonoma SLS has the auto HL's and i can hit the dome override 4x and it shuts it all off, also works on dads 03' silverado and friends 04' astro van. Wife's 00' grand prix has auto HL's w/DRL's and can't shut them off and i hate it but i don't drive it much and she don't complain about it, so why fix it if it ain't broke right....

Old 01-29-2010, 01:57 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Old Skool if I knew how to get it to work like these guys are saying I would. I keep hearing about this resister but thats it.
so.........are you saying you don't know how to do it? or...........

it's pretty simple. pull the passenger side dash speaker grill, unplug the sensor, install the resistor (use a little electrical tape to secure it), and then re-install the speaker grill. good to go.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
99 blazer is on a distinguished road

no i know how to put it in just wanted to make sure i got the right one..and how do you turn off the drl?

Quick Reply: How to disable your auto lights in 4 seconds