General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

how do you like your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:14 PM
blazin86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how do you like your blazer?

Ok so I bought a Ford focus(Im sorry I hate Fords prorb more than the next guy but) its good on gas, this color looks good on this car, but the best things about it it has a 3 year warranty and the guy said in 6months to a year I can trade it in for w.e I want.

Sense Ive moved to WV Ive seen a lot of blazers, jimmys and bravadas. How do you like urs? Whats the gas milage on yours, how much did you pay, what year and when?

Old 05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: how do you like your blazer?

I am from WI. I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer LS 4door 4wd and when driving around town I get on average 18-19 mpg, then on the highway I get about 20-22 mpg if you baby it you can get 25mpg. the truck had 125000 on it when i got and I paid about $5k. I love this thing, it is the perfect size, powerful, and pretty good off road for how low it is stock. Also it hauls practically everything i need and rides real good on the highway and around town. I got it cause I loved driving my dad's suburban so much and the interior of mine is very similar to that of a suburban. Overall and awesome vehicle, plus it has actual selectable 4x4 not the alltime allwheeldrive.

-Lenny

Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

I love my Blazer. He's a '94 4x4...and I bought him February of this year for $1500. Get's pretty decent gas mileage....as good as my husbands 4 bangerNissan. Difference being, he floors his all the time...and I rarely if ever do.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

i <3 my '01Jimmy, bought it in January w/ 118k miles for $4800, replaced the common hoses and parts and its been really good to me so far. Just cracked 121k and it is still very very smooth to drive

Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i love my blazer. in november i bought my '99 blazer for $6800. it had 40,700 miles on it when i bought it and now it has 42,500. i will admit that the gas mileage is bad, i only do city driving and i get about 15 miles to the gallon. it is a great truck off road, i would recomend the 2 door for the shorter wheel base.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

I love mine, this is my second blazer.

My first blazer was a 1997 that i bought in 2002 for $7500. It had 72k miles on it. It was a black 2dr 4x4 (ZM6). It was a great truck and handled pretty much everything i threw at it. I regularly got 19mpg even with the 31" All Terrains i had on it, it did have 3.73 gears though. It was reliable, and only left me stranded once (due to an aftermarket distributor rotor failing). I sold it in 2004 with 130k miles for $3500

My current blazer is a 2000. I bought it in 2004 for $9500 with 66k miles on it. It's a black 2dr 4x4 ZR2. It's much more capable than my last blazer would've ever been. The ZR2 suspension and drivetrain is well worth the added cost in my opinion (which is why i specifically sought this one out). This truck has been nothing but amazing ever since i bought it. As far as maitenence, i've replaced ball joints, idler arm, plugs, wires, etc. Nothing major. I have 33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains on this blazer and I get about 15mpg on the highway and 13 around town. I'm installing a set of March Power Pulleys tonight which should free up some low end power, which will help tremendously. I have 129k miles on it now, and easily $6k in mods... it's addicting. In fact, i'm buying another ZR2 tomorrow... that one's for parts though.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Sense Ive moved to WV Ive seen a lot of blazers, jimmys and bravadas. How do you like urs? Whats the gas milage on yours, how much did you pay, what year and when?

2000 2dr 4wd LS

I thoroughly enjoy my TRUCK (Dad calls it a wagon). I'm glad I got a 2dr (for now) because nobody really wants to climb in the back of mine. I'm also glad I got a 4x4 because I've used it and actually got reimbursed this past winter for driving people to work. Most of the time I get 18mpg, the highest I've ever gotten was 24mpg which was 90% highway driving on PA turnpike. Just set it at 75 and cruised!

I put $1500 down and pay $180 a month. I'm the second owner, bought it with 39K on the clock in April of 2005. I think the bill of sale had just over $10,000 as the final price, so I financed $8500 after my down payment. It now has 74K on it and I owe $5600 on it still. KBB suggested retail on it is at $7300 though I doubt I'd get that if I were to sell it. The private party price of somewhere between $6100 for excellent condition and $5635 for good condition seems more like it.

I would benefit from peace of mind, and the truck will benefit from a little TLC once I take care of the regular maintenance issues.

My RF ABS wheel speed sensor wire is severed so I don't have ABS right now but it doesn't jerk around below 5mph like I've heard others have. Door hinges seem like they need to be replaced soon. Oil lines in the front leak and need replaced. I don't think the 1st owner serviced the rear diff. and it has a slight leak. Will need new fluid, gasket, and cover. I could probably throw some new shocks on it, too. 1st owner warped the crap out of the rotors so I replaced them myself right away. Still have to figure out if I need new ball joints or a new wheel bearing. And those dang reclining seat handles! Replaced the battery about a year ago. Bought tires about two months ago.

The more I think about it, the more I want to get the Wife an Extended Cab S10 2wd 4cyl 5 spd (instead of the Saturn Ion Sedan we were thinking about) to play around with so I can lower that instead of rendering my 4wd useless.

Overall I got a pretty good deal and I just have to keep up with the maintenance that any vehicle requires.

I would recommend a 4dr if you cart people around because the back seat really is like a Camaro or Mustang-useless and tough to get to.

And to Jigg, I wish I had the ability to buy a vehicle just for parts (and a ZR2 at that)...must be nice

Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

My blazer is the best car I've ever owned.... wait,, Its the only car Ive ever owned.

Correction... its the best thing Ive ever driven!
Just shattered 70000 and shes still running like its brand new.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

How in the hell do you guys get 25mpg? Or is that the best you ever got so you just say you get 25?

Mines a 99 4 door 4wd.

I get between 15-20. I do about 50 miles of town driving and another about 100 on the interstate.

How do I like it? Its ok.

I bought it almost 6 months ago for $6800 with 64k miles I think. I owe less than 2k for it now(debateing about just paying it off). I might be getting a LS1 equiped car or a Sport Bike.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Just so you know, I have never squeezed 25mpg out of my Blazer. I'm usually around 20mpg at the best of times.

Quick Reply: how do you like your blazer?