General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How do you properly do a burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road
Default How do you properly do a burnout?

Perhaps a stupid question but for me I have only done them on the bike which is easy as seen below, but how do you do a burn out in a truck without cooking your breaks. When you put your breaks on are you not doing it to all four corners and would this not cause you to cook the hell out of your rear shoes?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

ya hold down on the brake pedal wile giving it gas and it will spin lol its so eazy a caveman could do it! rofl

Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

What you're cooking is your tires. Maybe some folks buy cheap ones and don't mind buying them often, but I buy good ones and like to keep them.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Well, would not attempt until tires need to be replaced. I cook the hell out of my rear tires on the bike before I change them. Perhaps in time when my rear tires wear out.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

well for me i have to wait till its raining and the pavement is completely wet. I have to be stopped. Then I hold the brake and then punch the gas just before releasing the brake.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That place in that picture looks familiar....lol

Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Most brakes are set up for the bias to be towards the front. It's a matter of finding that sweet spot where the front brakes are just tight enough to hold the truck and the rear brakes are loose enough to let the tire(s) spin.

It will be like doing a burnout on a bike unless you have a locker/limited slip because only one wheel will do a burnout.

Water or bleach or any lubricant under the tire will help also.

Just make sure you have the same size tires on the back...

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

It'll be harder to do in a manual transmission as you have a clutch to deal with. It'll require you to use your right foot to hold the brake and modulate the gas pedal.

Later, Doug

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DriftinBlzr
It'll be harder to do in a manual transmission as you have a clutch to deal with. It'll require you to use your right foot to hold the brake and modulate the gas pedal.

Later, Doug

I actually find it easier to do a burn out in a manual vs. a brake burn as you have more control IMO. Just play with the clutch a bit and it will break loose a lot easier. Maybe it's just me though...I get what you're saying.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:28 PM
BusaJoe is on a distinguished road
Default Confused

If you have enough power you just use the accelerator pedal

Quick Reply: How do you properly do a burnout?