General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How much do you think I can get for my '99 TrailBlazer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:49 PM
ned4spd8874 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How much do you think I can get for my '99 TrailBlazer?

I'm going to be selling my 1999 Chevy TrailBlazer soon and was hoping I can get some good honest advice on how much I should expect to get for it. I'm aiming towards selling it myself instead of trading it in as I should be able to get more for it that way.

It has about 250k miles on it. The trans was rebuilt about 4 years ago. It has pretty new tires on it, they were replaced last year and have about 15k on them or so. The brakes were just done recently, pads, rotors and calipers (front). The exhaust was replaced last year. The engine mounts were just replaced a couple months ago. The whole rear end was rebuilt earlier this year. Pitman arm was replaced last summer. Fuel pump was replaced December 2010.

The truck is pretty much decked out. It has all the options except the steering wheel radio controls. Leather, 4x4, heated seats, towing package, roof rack, v-6 Vortec, like I said, loaded.

The body is in good condition. There is some surface rust in various places, mainly on the front bumper and the bottom of the doors. But not too bad. The engine light is on because one of the O2 sensors (I "cleaned" out the catalytic converter about 2 years ago).

That's about all I can think of for right now. Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 08-19-2012, 04:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

with that mileage I bet under 1500 that's for sure Even if its 110 % perfect condition.

IT really all depends on area too but I doubt you'll get 1500 . Where I live people would offer you 500 bucks lol

Old 08-19-2012, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

List it locally, Craigslist etc, kijiji & ask $2250 or whatever... let them FEEL they're low balling you & settle for $1800. If you can show them the engine runs well, you have receipts for all that work done, show the next to new tires, pull a spark plug & show them a clean, slightly chocolate brown/tan grey'ish plug, sniff the trans fluid, check the oil - color & smell in both.
Clean
Clean
Clean the engine, interior, under carriage, tires, rims, spend $50 on decent cleaning supplies because that should net 10X the cash input.
Stock height is great for someone IMO because they know or feel things haven't been F'd with.
What does it get for mileage? They'll ask.
How is the 4x4 operation & how good is it?
What issues have you had or dislikes?
Have all those answers ready but not too fast (builds suspicion)
What would you want to know about a vehicle you're looking at to buy? <--- have that ready.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 PM

Ug...I just spent over a grand on the rear end work a couple months ago! Not to mention the new tires and new fuel pump, those cost at least $500 a piece!!! Heck, the tranny work a couple years ago was like $2500.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I hear ya there man... Why you selling it any ways?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 PM

It's just time really. I need something with better fuel economy for one. I'm also possibly moving a few states over soon and honestly don't trust it for that kind of a distance and don't want to take the chance of getting stranded halfway there or something crazy.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Listen to Rottidog!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran

TY kitty & make it look sharp!
"Looks" works wonders... remember the bar days before the wife?
Yeah, same difference. lol
You've got to SELL it.
So sell the strong ones/things & you have many legitimate ones. Show em, sell it.
Just my thoughts - I'd toss cash into making look/present good even smell good.
$50 is SFA if you get $500 for it.
Look up SFA on Google - 1st word is Sweet - middle Fortification & All is all

A fortification thread lol What means "Fornication Under Consent of the King"? - Yahoo! Answers
Draw your own conclusions

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-20-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:02 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

ROFL! Damn rotti, I'm gonn have to start keepin track of the "beers of wonder" one liners! Lol

Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran

I had a one liner? lol

I try to be wise beyond my beers.

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-20-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: How much do you think I can get for my '99 TrailBlazer?