General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How much does my blazer have left?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Shadow29 is on a distinguished road
Default How much does my blazer have left?

So I got a 94 Blazer with 286000 miles on it. Since i've had this car I havent really gone anywhere cause i have no confidence in the car... Anyway ive changed the tires, brakes, serpentine belt, alternator, starter, exhaust system, plugs and wires. Should I be good by now to at least drive across the state to all you car guru's out there.....of course ill change the oil and filter before i go...

The only thing that i know of that needs attention is the valve cover gasket but its not leaking oil right now only seems to do so in the winter so since its hot right now the truck seems to be fine

Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if i could predict when a breakdown would happen i would be thrilled.
i dont think alot of members will answer this really...cant be done with any certainty at all.

as much as we love our rides...they are machines...which by nature and use will eventually break down.

my ride for instance, almost a month ago...was running great, has for over a year since the lower intake gasket went (another instance)...pulled up to a light not 4 blocks from my house...tranny went. no warning, no noise, no lose of performance. it just went out on me. now to be fair to my blazer it was the original tranny with 230k and change on it....so i cant complain to much.

i know that some guys on here have more milage than me and have a great running ride....and others have a lot less then me and have issues that i have luckily never had.

long anwser short....if your not ready for the cross state romp...go with a rental.
however even the rental might breakdown.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

+1, could not have said better.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I just looked into my Crystal Ball & I'm waiting for the answer.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Vechiles break down when they want... Brand new stuff can break on the dealer lot getting unloaded from the truck...

Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM

Yeah you all are right, i guess i keep telling myself i wont know unless i try. With all the parts ive changed i figure my truck should hold up for a couple hundred miles.

And yeah when my dad was driving this truck the tranny went on him at a light early one morning....weird. he ended up putting a jasper tranny in there which is still there now.

Im gonna change my oil, rotate my tires and check my fluids and go and ill report back how it goes when i get back one day next week hopefully.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

If you got concerns about traveling, get a roadside club membership like AAA or something?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 PM

im looking into that too. but overall i think its safe to say everyone here wants their blazer to perform and thats everyones goal.

this will basically tell me what my truck has left in the tank do i need to treat it like a baby for the rest of the way or if it'll show it has some life left in the tank

Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

If the oil pressures normal,and she doesn't smoke when its running,you should be fine. AAA towing is great,and cheap membership too.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

i think it was newton that said for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction and that holds true in electronic and mechanical things they break there is nothing you can do except the normal preventative maintenance no one never knows when a car is gunna break it just happens

Quick Reply: How much does my blazer have left?