General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How much does my blazer have left?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Shadow29 is on a distinguished road

i guess after all these replies I should have asked the question for all of you blazer owners what do you use to determine if you blazer is ready roll? I think thats probably more measurable as a question and a little easier to answer.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Shadow29
i guess after all these replies I should have asked the question for all of you blazer owners what do you use to determine if you blazer is ready roll? I think thats probably more measurable as a question and a little easier to answer.

As has said earlier, it all depends on the vehicle and your expierence. I myself have had very good luck with cars but I always "feel them out". Do the brakes stop like they should, are there any weird noises, any vibrations that shouldnt be there, hows the electronics, ect, ect, ect.
Knock on wood, I have done long trips with cars I knew nothing about, like the time I bought a citation X-11 that was abandoned for 2 years. Drove it around the town I was in for a couple of weeks then drove it 3300 miles with no safety net. More recently I bought a chebby celebrity VR that was abandoned for 5 years and drove it from Atlanta, GA to Ocala, Fl. but I could call my dad if something broke.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AuSSenseiter
As has said earlier, it all depends on the vehicle and your expierence. I myself have had very good luck with cars but I always "feel them out". Do the brakes stop like they should, are there any weird noises, any vibrations that shouldnt be there, hows the electronics, ect, ect, ect.
Knock on wood, I have done long trips with cars I knew nothing about, like the time I bought a citation X-11 that was abandoned for 2 years. Drove it around the town I was in for a couple of weeks then drove it 3300 miles with no safety net. More recently I bought a chebby celebrity VR that was abandoned for 5 years and drove it from Atlanta, GA to Ocala, Fl. but I could call my dad if something broke.
ha..

when i was 19 I purchased a mazda protege for $100.00. It sat for 6 years. To find out the pump was bad and i replaced it with a $15 junkyard pump. Did that,the 4 plugs and changed the oil with random grades i had laying around. (3 bottles of 30w and 2 bottles of 5w20) didnt even change the filter. The next day i got a call from a friend 6 hours away at the beach. She wanted me to visit her,and while i was there go fishing on the beach. I packed my bags and hit the road in that car. 650 miles down there it ran fine,but i did loose all gears but 1st and 2nd. So driving 70 mph i was turning 5k. Got me down there. On the way back the crank seal blew and i went through 34 QUARTS of oil on the way home. Not to mention i only had 200.00 in my pocket. i got home after gas etc i had 1.50 in my pocket. I junked the car for 300.00. good times.

To the op,if it runs good,keep up with service,and drive her. when she goes she goes. Nothing to do until then.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
ha..

when i was 19 I purchased a mazda protege for $100.00. It sat for 6 years. To find out the pump was bad and i replaced it with a $15 junkyard pump. Did that,the 4 plugs and changed the oil with random grades i had laying around. (3 bottles of 30w and 2 bottles of 5w20) didnt even change the filter. The next day i got a call from a friend 6 hours away at the beach. She wanted me to visit her,and while i was there go fishing on the beach. I packed my bags and hit the road in that car. 650 miles down there it ran fine,but i did loose all gears but 1st and 2nd. So driving 70 mph i was turning 5k. Got me down there. On the way back the crank seal blew and i went through 34 QUARTS of oil on the way home. Not to mention i only had 200.00 in my pocket. i got home after gas etc i had 1.50 in my pocket. I junked the car for 300.00. good times.

To the op,if it runs good,keep up with service,and drive her. when she goes she goes. Nothing to do until then.
Good story, Chris. But in both my cases the cars never broke down even with bad tires lol.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Shadow29 is on a distinguished road

Those are some crazy stories, you just never know what a car will do for you. 34 quarts of oil though that thing must have just been leaking all over the place...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shadow29
Those are some crazy stories, you just never know what a car will do for you. 34 quarts of oil though that thing must have just been leaking all over the place...
he was leaving a slick behind him in case they tried to pull him over...doin it
007 style all the way Moneypenny

Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

LOL. yea. it was a quart on just about every other exit stop. Man that was about the dumbest thing ive done in my life,next to dating a redhead. Evil women.