General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

how much is my 1998 blazer worth

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 AM
-Z-
Beginning Member
-Z- is on a distinguished road
Default how much is my 1998 blazer worth

alright im toying with the idea of selling my blazer despite how much i love it the reason is iv always wanted a avalanche ever since they first came out and now seems like im more capable acheiving that desire but i dont want a huge car payment for a long period of time any way im thinking about selling as it is right now or i might wait till i do more to it so plaese chime in and tell me your 2 cents on how much you think its worth because im completly clueless on what to set the price at heres the details
1998 blazer 4dr 4wd 203k second owner clean title carfax proving im the second owner with a mile long list of thing that the previous owner took it to the dealership for even to get wipers changed no rust or dings interior is perfect with the exception of the broken seat recline handles
upgrades/new parts
black halo projector headlights $100
black housing taillights $75
power performance steering kit (u/l b joints i/o tie rods pit man and idler arm adj sleeves) $485
new cv axles both sides $140
hub bearing assembly both sides $320
steering gear box $156
rough country 2" suspension lift w/ shocks $430
performance accesories 2" body lift $225
rough country add a leafs $50
viper 5902 alarm remote start $400
american racing 15x8 iroc replicas $637
mickey thompson mtz 305/70/16 $1304
hypertech max energy 3200 programer $380
energy suspension body bushings $136
rough country steering stabilizer $52
i included prices just to give you a idea on whats all wrapped up in it everything listed has less than 1k miles on the except the suspension and body lift that has around 3k miles and yes this truck does get frequent oil changes and tune ups so again give me your best opinion on what i should ask for it if i decided to put it on ebay and locally right now im also thinking about waiting till i get a 6" superlift

Attached Thumbnails how much is my 1998 blazer worth-185844_1842687625042_1176132585_2187811_4116489_n.jpg  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I personally would give you about 4 or 5 grand for it if i had the money. Parts on it are nice but the fact is it's got a lot of miles on the original motor(?) but very very nice truck wish mine looked like that personally

Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
-Z-
Beginning Member

i know the motor was rebuilt but without actual documents i wouldnt feel right puttin up those claims unlike the parts i installed i have receipts

Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

according to nada its worth at trade in average is $2,175 clean trade in is $2,700. nada says the value of it on the retail side is $4,650. not really sure if its an lt but those values are for an lt model. so i'd go based off of those numbers you might can get more but i dont know.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

unfortunatly modded vehicles aren't worth much more than stock ones, and actually sometimes when you have a lifted truck they loose more value because people know you beat it off roading. People who post their lifted trucks on craigslist and ask way too much money are trying to sell their lift and thats not what people are looking to buy

Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Also, not everybody wanted certain mods so a lot of the time it doesn't raise the value any if your really looking to sell it I would put the car as close to stock as you can and then sell all of the mods separately.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

plus this is just my opinion but I'd never buy an already lifted truck. its kinda like taking someone's artwork and saying its yours...

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
-Z-
Beginning Member

i definatly agree i would never buy anything except stock just because i love putting my own twist on things but there are people out there that have no mechanical skills what so ever and for them buying already done gives them the look they want in a vehicle without paying a arm and a leg for shop fees for example the average person goes out and buys a blazer fo around 2500 to 3000 just using that as a example i know there are some out there cheaper and more expensive but any way turn around and drop close to 5 grand on parts than pay shop fees and that always varies from shop to shop but again for example lets say another 4 grand give or take some than that person would have 11500 to 12000 wrapped up in something that they could buy already done for half that and putting this thing back to stock and selling the blazer and parts seperatly is just not a options i would look into for one thats just way too much work and for two you really dont see a lot of blazers around my area lifted there usually lowered id prefer to keep mine than go that route i love all the opinions given by everyone keep them coming

Old 04-29-2011, 06:28 PM
dowienu is on a distinguished road

re: suspension bushings

I prefer polyurethane bushings.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 PM
dowienu is on a distinguished road

re: suspension bushings

I prefer polyurethane bushings.

Quick Reply: how much is my 1998 blazer worth