General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How much is my Blazer worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much is my Blazer worth?

So as many of you know I have an 89' S10 Blazer I was wondering if I were to sell it or trade it how much I would be able to get for it? here are the bad things wrong with it rust, brake fluid leaks, coolant leaks, and driver side exterior door handle is missing. The good thing is that I have put about 1,500 into it along with the 600 I originally paid for it so my total investment is about 2,100 what do you all think I could sell it for?

Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Go the edmunds.com and kbb.com, fill in the required info, then average the two figures.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Starting Member

So I should only be able according to edmunds and kbb get $1,500 - $1,600 for it which will definitely not happen because I am not going to sell for that low.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 89s10
So I should only be able according to edmunds and kbb get $1,500 - $1,600 for it which will definitely not happen because I am not going to sell for that low.
hate to tell you this but, hardly ever are you going to get what you put in to it

Old 11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Starting Member

I know that but this was all in theory I am not planning on selling and if I do I will have another Blazer already before I consider selling Sasha.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 89s10
I know that but this was all in theory I am not planning on selling and if I do I will have another Blazer already before I consider selling Sasha.
Okay... so this was just an exercise in reinforcement.
When I'm buying a car I dont give a crap how much the previous owner put in it. I only care how much I would have to put in it to get it where i want it.

If you want to figure a price, Find what a really nice equivalent year and model goes for, deduct the difference between yours and it. take 1/3 what you ADDED to it. eg; If you put a brush bar on it.. only a fool would pay the adder to cover the whole thing.

Also rust is one thing. Door handle that doesnt work creates the wrong impression.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

id say about 1000 around here. my last 85 s10 pick up i had i ended up just giving it away so i didnt have to deal with the idiots on craigslist trying to lowball me. i actually gave that thing away a year ago and its still running somehow.

i have a 86 k30 from down south. lifted good paint great engine, etc, not a dang thing wrong with it and id be lucky to get 3000 out of it. which is why ill never sell it

what you can do is go to ebay and search completed listings and see what similar trucks sold for

Old 11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Around here, people don't give a crap about mechanical condition ... unless it's leaking fluids, or door handle doesn't work, wipers broken, etc..

All they really care about is looks. You could have the biggest pile of crap on the planet, paint it up, and you'd get whatever you asked for it here. If it has one speck of rust, they freak out.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

yea...and sadly so,i can find 1st gen blazers running in good shape all day long around my area for 400-800.00 easy. 1st gens hardly hold value. 2nd gens are starting to go for 1500.00 nowadays too!

Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought my '94 4x4 in pretty good shape for $1000. Even then, the guy had trouble getting rid of it. Really wasn't any interest. KBB value is around $3000 in my area, too. The 1st gens are good trucks, but not worth much.

Generally the cost of "fixing up" a vehicle doesn't add any value like many think. I've seen people put new tires, belts and hoses, battery, spending $500-700 on a $1000 truck thinking they just made it worth $1500-$1700. Not the case. It's only worth what someone will pay.

Think about the guy that bought the truck new for $17,000...how much he put into it for maintenance, insurance, registration, etc. Cars are money pits

Quick Reply: How much is my Blazer worth?