General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How roomy is a Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Oystein is on a distinguished road
Question How roomy is a Blazer?

A few questions for you with 1st gen Blazer S10s:

1. How tall are you, and do you find a comfortable driving position?

2. Can you sleep in the trunk? (assuming 4-door version with rear seats removed)

If you know what the trunk dimensions would be without the 2nd seat row, I'd like to know that too

Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

They're pretty roomy.. my friend had a 94 4 door and we fit 7 people in it without an issue. But that includes 2 sitting in the cargo area.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

kiwiblazer's 4dr was a Japanese import to New Zealand and came with a sleeping setup in the black. His is a 2nd Gen, but I'm sure the idea could be adapted.

CLICK for his album

Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 AM

That looks quite promising! I'm about 190cm tall so I did not want to get my hopes up too high. I tried fitting into the backseat of a '95. Never again. That made me a bit worried.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

im huge, there is plenty of room

Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ROFL, simple yet to the point.

Grandfather had a 1st gen 2dr Jimmy and I (6' 2") fit comfortably in the rear, same with my 2nd gen 2dr front and rear. Seats fold down flat (don't come out) and you can simply throw an air matress in if you want to sleep in the back.

2 of us have slept in the back of my 2nd gen comfortably.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Beginning Member
favilac is on a distinguished road

I'm 6'5" (~1.94m) with extra long legs and I find it very confortable to drive. I also have slept a couple of time in the back with the seats folded with out problems.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Oh, great Nothing to worry about, then

Old 05-06-2011, 07:43 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I'm 6' 4" and can fit anywhere in my 2dr 1st gen pretty easy, although getting into the back seat is a bit of a challenge.