General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

hows your blazer running?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road
Default hows your blazer running?

Our cars are getting up there with miles, hows the car been hows it run?
do you find it to someting fun to drive in?

Im a pinch over 98 thousand miles and it runs fantastic although im getting 12.4 mpg lol . i do need brakes though just checked them today the rear dums r rusted and i kno my pads are low
meeds tires to mine have me all over the road even with a dusting of ain on the ground

but im happy with the truck.

hows your truck? do u have any recent pics u took of it?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Coughs when trying to move, but once you start moving it's fine

Getting new fuel injectors

Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
GregM is on a distinguished road

Wish mine was at the moment, she's cutting out after 30secs of idling (at the shop being fixed, so im without her at the moment).

But when she was running, she gives WRX's a run for their money

Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road

my truck does the same sometime ill start it up it will hesitate to die but than reaches normal idleing at a stand still.

the blazers are a good truck though atleast mine is ive replaced theradiator and hub bearrings but im confident in it everyday to get me to and from work with no issues

Old 08-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Yeah I know I'm not a 2nd gen but I still get nosy and read and learn so here's my 2 cents... 16 years old, almost 300,000 miles on her and I still drive it from Youngstown area in NE Ohio to Lake Okeechobee(sp?) Florida and back twice a year (helping in-laws move back and forth) I won't own anything else!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Beginning Member
KrAzY is on a distinguished road

1st gen 93 with 198,000 miles. And how does it run? Well it needs some work it isn't running correctly and hesitates during acceleration but other then that it very well may see 300k miles ( knock on wood ) Pics posted in my support thread. Prvious owner obviously didn't take care of it either i'm shocked it even reached 198k miles. It still has Original spark plugs rusted in the block ( that's gonna be a fun job replacing them lol ) and from what i can tell original cap/rotor as well.

Attached Thumbnails hows your blazer running?-gedc1749.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member
swoop is on a distinguished road

Well mine has 176,000 miles. Besides the the weird marble banging around in there somewhere and the hole in my radiator plus the abs activating on slow turns, it actually runs pretty good. And the fact that it is very particular about running only ac delco parts it tends to be a bit expensive when I need to throw money at it. I recently replaced the drivers side window motor, ac compressor 2 years ago.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

'97 w/ 172000. Bought for $200 in february. Freakin' money pit and time consumer ever since, but I love it. Stalls after long idle (~5min) when hot, has stalled while driving when hot outside for 3 years (hopefully ignition switch fixed this). I've never needed a tow! (*knocks on wood*)

battery, cap&rotor, fuel filter, air filter, gatorback, lower intake manifold gasket, rear brakes, shocks, front tires, fuel lines, fuel tank, MAP sensor, hazard switch, coil&ICM, ignition switch, PCV valve, driver's door bushing, complete A/C system replacement, AD244 alternator upgrade, Big-3, bumpin' stereo system =).

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My K5 is running so well I am finding it hard to take it out of commission for a bit to swap the motor over for the TBI 350 I have waiting for it...

Old 08-15-2010, 02:00 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Outsydr
Okeechobee(sp?)
haha i think back to super troopers when i see that =D

but mine has about 182k 97 LT and runs perfectly fine, she had a new fuel pump/fuel filter/FPR changed about a month or 2 ago bassically all at the same time haha, but runs good, i need new tires, andddddd to get my passanger side up, its low by about an inch =( need a new tbar for the driver side soon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hows your blazer running?