General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hydrogen on Demand

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:25 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, i'm curious too. one of the guys @ work and i are starting on a HHO system. have a R & D engine, and a few of the basic principals worked out. now we just need to get more of the practical worked out.

fill us in Kiwi.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Here we go again! I here people say.

I had the promised visit from the guys at Cleanfuelz.

We were showed the setup in the Blazer & the new product which had just come off their production line.

They had a model (like the one in his truck) which showed the water level & when the engine was running you could see the Hydrogen bubbling away etc etc. The new unit contains the water in a stainless steel tube & is hooked up to the motor. It is only operational when the engine is running. It is hooked up in a way that as you speed up it increases the amount of Hydrogen produced.

They gave me copies of the emissions testing which look pretty good. The engine was running for at least a half hour in the underground parking garage & we were standing behing the truck. I was constantly checking for exhaust gasses. None! Only water dripping out the tailpipe. By this stage behind my truck I'd have been digging in the back for a gas mask. Not that I have one. LOL

They were on their way to the Whangarei Polytechnic who were going to run dyno tests on the system to check performance.

I attach the emissions tests, the figures might mean more to some of you than it does me. The tests were done on both Blazers one a '99, the other an '01. The '99 had a leak in the manifold hence the difference in figures between the 2 trucks.

I remain sceptical but am keeping an open mind.

They are prepared let me have one to evaluate. There is a money back guarantee to this. However, I'm not ready to jump in. I'll wait for the dyno test results & see what deal they come up with. I did say they are welcome to fit the unit to my truck for evaluation purposes & if I'm happy with the results after about six to eight weeks I'll consider buying it. Anyway, right now I can't afford it. AND, before I even fit to test, I have just had my service & tune up & need to generate consumption figures over at least 5 or 6 tankfulls to run comparative tests. Before that of course, I need a new exhaust - the used one I got to help me through the WOF has blown!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I got a buddy with a 81 Toyota Land Cruiser that runs a Hydrogen assist and when it works it does get some more power and beter gas mileage but it is a high maintenance system and half the time it doesn't work

Old 12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Hydro Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Hod

Hi there to one and all.

After meeting kiwiblazer and finding out about this forum,though I might join up to answer any questions about our Hydrogen.

We have two Blazers 01 and 99 running on a HOD units, my last fuel study showed my fuel has dropped from 17.5 lt per 100km to 13.6 lt per 100km.

We are a commercial company having these units produced by a highly respected engineering company.( no back yard stuff here).

As kiwiblazer has stated our production of hydrogen is controlled by the use of some pretty fancy electronics. Three years and half a million has gone into getting these units to a point where they work.

There is a lot of stuff on the net about hydrogen and yes a lot of it is just a scam, and we are not the only company to get it right, Ronnmotors of Texas has also a HOD unit in production.

Anyway I'm not on here to sell units, only to answer any questions anyone may want answered, will try to get a pic of our units on here.

So ask away.

Cheers for now and a happy Xmas to you all.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Beginning Member
philip_king is on a distinguished road

i know the horsepower aspect has been previously brought into the conversations, any numbers you can give us or even dyno charts. most of what turns me away from all of these are the projected gains in hp which make it sound like more of a scam. also, what do you think biohazed is referring to when he says they are high maintenance.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Default Hod

Hi Philip,
The Chev will be going on the dyno mid Jan at two different places so will post results as soon as I can.

Have had a unit on a 1340cc Harley Davidson for the last 3 months, dyno report came back that compaired with the same type of Harley the Max power was up from 54.56 to 64.42 and torque from 63.83 to 72.48. In the next hour I am off to see the results of a fuel test that has been done on said Harley.

The high maintenance is the fact that 99% of what you see on the net need 20 to 40 amps to get the hydrogen.This amount of amps produces a lot of heat and low quality gas and this makes the units "silt up" the water goes brown and a sludge forms in the unit.

We have been able to produce "brown's gas" which is of high quality, at between 1 and 2 amps, therefore units stay cool and only need cleaning aprox once per year.

The last trip I did used 100mls of my water to do the 2000km I traveled.
We do not claim to have a new fuel we only add it in a a rate of 5% to the fuel mix , we add it as a catalist to get a better burn.
Test on my Chev showed a drop at high idle of 19PPM unburnt HC to 0.21PPM. (third party test).

Best be off to get Harley tests will add details later.
Cheers

Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a pretty neat idea. About how much do they cost?

Anything to help get better mileage is a plus. Besides Hydrogen is the most plentiful element in the universe.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Hi Blazernut, the units cost NZ$1100 fitted, thats about $2.50 US at the moment lol
Could do you one for NZ$750 plus freight.

Tests back on the Harley Emissions dropped 85% but best of all Fuel consumption down by 32% !!!! Even better than we thought.
Bike was run at 3100rpm at 70mph with a 10% brake loading.
Tha guy who did it just stood there shaking his head stating "I would never have believed if I had not seen it with my own eyes".

He also noted the with the HOD unit running the oil temp dropped by 20 deg C

Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hydro Blazer
Hi Blazernut, the units cost NZ$1100 fitted, thats about $2.50 US at the moment lol
Could do you one for NZ$750 plus freight.

Tests back on the Harley Emissions dropped 85% but best of all Fuel consumption down by 32% !!!! Even better than we thought.
Bike was run at 3100rpm at 70mph with a 10% brake loading.
Tha guy who did it just stood there shaking his head stating "I would never have believed if I had not seen it with my own eyes".

He also noted the with the HOD unit running the oil temp dropped by 20 deg C
Any chance that might have been recorded? If so please post vid or at least a link to the vid. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is often quite revealing when vendors of this type of product post up. Any testing that has been stated as done will not prove or disprove the product what so ever. To actually prove anything, a sample (5-10 runs with each setup) of dyno tests should be done. First without the system and then again with the system, all using the SAME vehicle. Comparing it to "another like it" is pointless.

In the dyno testing I have done and ones I have been a witness to in the past, one vehicle can have a pretty wicked variance test to test and that doesn't even bring in the differences between "stock" vehicles. To truly see what gains (if any) are being made, you need to have a sample size average out. But most places skew the results in their favor by doing the proper testing and picking the lowest pre-mod and the highest post-mod so they can fluff up their product.

And again, I will bring up the point that if these systems worked so well, automobile companies would already have them already on the vehicles. With CAFE standards tightening more and more, they are looking for anything and EVERYTHING that actually works and have armies of people to design/build/test these things. For it not to have become an installed feature on vehicles over the past 5 or so years (that I have been hearing about "browns gas") doesn't make sense if it can bring about such a dramatic change in emissions and efficiency.

Quick Reply: Hydrogen on Demand