General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

...i cant believe i wrecked my blazer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough
Default ...i cant believe i wrecked my blazer...

thanksgiving day...the night before we had rain during the day then once it started getting dark ...we got snow..i woke up the next day to head to snow cross the roads where plowed and looked ..ok..drove down them never even twitched in 2wd (first mistake..) came up to a bridge and knew it would be icy as im crossing i got a good gust off wind push me just a little bit side ways ..i let off the gas (second mistake..)

alright..letting off the gas while moving will put you sideways in a hurry ..just the little but of the tires slowing down giving drag can cause you to go where ever...

thats what happed at about ...50..55mph i was sliding sideways facing the cement bridge wall...

Name:  post_image2.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  417.8 KB

Name:  post_image1.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  436.1 KB

broke the front diff, a arm radioator support and to top it off.... bent the frame...

but i the up note i was able to pick up a new ride pretty quick and it will let me (aslong as i dont get booed out lol) stay on here lol
02 2wd s10 pickup lol (dont worry i have about 300lbs in the back of that bad boy now lol)
Name:  christruck1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  18.1 KB

not too shabby lol

Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That sucks, but good to see you could stay in the s10 family. I tried, but my bank was being difficult.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 AM

i had a problem with my insurance company lol i had the loan for an 03 ZR2 pickup with roll bars and push bar and all the bells and whistles ...but it would have cost me over 300 a month just to insure the bugger ...soo i lowered my standards lol haha

Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Man. so many peoples blazers lately wrecking(you),catching fire(trobbins),or engine seizing up(thogert). Hopefully i dont join in on the new club. lol

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Beginning Member
alanmead is on a distinguished road

Good thing no one was hurt.
But that is a good looking little truck!

Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

That got the frame AND diff?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Wow it doesnt look that bad and it bent the frame?Cou;dnt have been straightened out?
I wreck my truck this last summer bent the frame where the bumper mounts on.
Nothing a good strong chain and backing up in reverse real fast couldnt fix LOL.
I have also used a come along and tree that would do the trick also.
I replaced the bumper got a new grill but still trying to find a fender.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

That sucks! glad you have a new truck already though

Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 AM

alright the frame is bent i could pull it out but...i have over 265k on that badboy..i still would need a front diff, straiten or replace my radiator support, replace my axle,a-arms and all that good stuff and i havnt started with cosmetics even..SO...ya..and ya i know it dont look that bad..(that was my first thought when i got out and looked at it right after i stopped sliding lol)

so now i am trying to figure out what to do with it...sell it as is for 500...part it out and see what i get but be stuck with it in my yard...idk...lol

Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Well you can keep for another project for next yearIf you sell it though I would just sell the whole thing,You might be able to make some $ parting it out but its going to take a while.

Quick Reply: ...i cant believe i wrecked my blazer...