General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I hate car dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:04 PM
BigBear08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I hate car dealers

Dealing with three car dealers trying to get my blazer is driveing me insane.... All started cause my dip**** brother destroyed my blazer when i let him barrow it for a few months.Im trying to get a black 02-? with decent milage. There are tons out there just none in my area.... Plus im 23 which means every car dealer thinks im not serious about getting the damn thing, or they try to jack up the price a ton..... anyways i hope to get it soon

Old 03-08-2008, 03:07 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: I hate car dealers

Try showing up in slacks and a button down shirt. You'll get some attention. I went to my Land Rover dealer in jeans and a polo and got some sketchy eyes. Went back the next weekend in slacks and a nice shirt and got a salesman as soon as I went in the door

Good luck though! Dealerships can be a real pain thats for sure.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yah dealerships can be a PAIN. my uncle has worked for them for as long as i can remember, he still doesnt give me any sweet hook-ups so ive never bought one from him. that always makes for a little bitterness at get togethers when i roll up in a new ride. he gives me the 'i coulda got you a sweet deal!' yah right

Old 03-08-2008, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Yea when going to a dealership its all about perception and how you act!! If you dress professionally and act the same way they will give you the world on a silver platter!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get it when I go to car lots I always get helped. I really would rather walk around the lot look by myself but no someones always their to help. It never fails. I've never been in anything but blue jean and a desent shirt, nothin fancy at all. When I go with other people that are actually shopping for a car they still come to me. I don't know why. Most of the time I'm just wondering aimlessly.

Try and research the car before going if possible. My banker told me what I should be able to buy mine for in that area. Plus it's nice to teach the sale person about the car/truck your looking at. That way they really can't screw you over when it come time to pay.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I have gotten used to people coming to me and asking me to go to a dealership for them with the specifications of what they are looking for and need with a certain price range and all!!! Then I go to the dealership and weed out all the salesman till I find an actual honest salesman to send those people to talk to!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya 2 of my friends work at one a ford dealrship and one a pontiac/buick/vw dealrship and the sales men there r like the jerk sales men u think of when u hear dealership. at lexus where i work the sales men r pretty nice and friendly. but ya if u want attention make it look like u have a lot of money come in w/ nice clothes on and they should flock to u!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe its cuz im a Blonde female, but seems as soon as i drive onto a car lot i get like 3 guys almost running out to me lol and i was drivin my 87 Sport Tempo and work clothes.The 1 thought i was just 'looking' til he ran my credit then he was we got this car n that truck...i bought a 95 Hyundai Accent for $3800 i coulda drove off with a much nicer car but didnt want the $350-$450 payments...My Hyundai was $263 for 18months lol
so if friends need help finding a car i go and they get fast attention lol

Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

just bring a breif case filled with 20's and 10's!lol. my friend use to work at the nissian dealership. He said the best way to get a good deal is to show up at themonth when they are trying to get rid of the carsto make room for new ones. Also, the sales people are more likely to give you better deals trying to increase their number of sales before the month ends.

Dressing nice is a good idea too. Bereally stiff as well. Find somesales person desperate to make a sale. Show alot of interest in buying that same day. Find the care you want and say that this is exactly what your looking for. Then begin to haggle.If they dont meet your price, just start saying goodbye as you start walking away. They will most likely chase you down and say something like "let me check with my manager" or "wait let me see what i can do..". hopefully you can get a sweet deal!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

ya 2 of my friends work at one a ford dealrship and one a pontiac/buick/vw dealrship and the sales men there r like the jerk sales men u think of when u hear dealership. at lexus where i work the sales men r pretty nice and friendly. but ya if u want attention make it look like u have a lot of money come in w/ nice clothes on and they should flock to u!
You said a lot there. I believe General Motors, Ford & Dodge build some good vehicles. The problem is the dealerships. American car dealerships suck for the most part. I believe that is why Totota & Honda etc are so popular. Because their dealerships have a mind set that "THE CUSTOMER IS number one". They have dealerships that are friendly, helpful, & don't play all these games like the American dealers do.
I just bought my 97 Blazer 4x4 from a Honda Dealer. I have never had such a pleasant expeience buying a car. This deal of dressing up to buy a car or anything is CRAP. If spending my money depends on how I look they can stick it up you know where. I'm 60 years old and never kissed any B--- & never will. I'll just take my money else where.

Quick Reply: I hate car dealers