General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

i heard the blazer/jimmy had a air compressor in the trunk for to put air in tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
blazerman9106 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation i heard the blazer/jimmy had a air compressor in the trunk for to put air in tires?

someone help me out plz i was just goin by what someone had said ive tried google and everything eles i just cant find not info on it.bc if there is one so you can blow up tires and etc things id like to get one.and if sp does anyone got anypics what it looks like

Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Never herd of it, I know that the chevy venture vans have them.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope never heard/seen of such a thing

Old 03-07-2011, 05:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

never had that option in NA.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There was an air ride suspension option on certain years and trim levels that had a compressor set up the right side, IIRC, of the rear compartment. It had nothing to do with airing tires.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

I thought the Envoy's, Bravada's, and maybe Trailblazer's had an air ride, and that you could in fact use the compressor to air up tires and pool toys etc.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0418&ppt=C0035

Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

My GMC Jimmy Diamond edition has the Rear Air Ride Suspension and besides keeping the air shocks at the right level there is an inside air compressor to use to air up tires and pool toys etc. In fact there is an accessory kit that you can purchase that provides a length of air hose and fittings which I purchased.

Attached is a press release for the GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition. My Jimmy has all options except Sunroof/Moonroof or OnStar.

Special Equipment Package adds to the above:
· High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
· Automatic load-leveling suspension system
· On-board emergency/recreational air compressor
· Six-disc CD changer
· Rear seat audio controls

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
580_2.pdf (224.4 KB, 511 views)

Last edited by mr.vls; 03-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
blazerman9106 is on a distinguished road

oh okay thanks everyone i just saw that it had a air compressor and thought you could use it for tires but its for air ride i thought it was for that

Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i thought the air ride was an export only option?

obviously not.

your '98 has the air ride in it, blazerman?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

You did not read my last post. My Jimmy does have a air compressor to fill up tires and toys. It is on the right side of the cargo area. I even have the accessory kit that includes an air hose and fittings.

Quick Reply: i heard the blazer/jimmy had a air compressor in the trunk for to put air in tires?