General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I hit a building!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default I hit a building!

Yestertday we got about 4 inches of snow with about an inch of ice under it. Well, I work at a resturaunt that pays someone to scrape our parking lot and they never do it... So I pull in our icy/snowy parking lot going slower than 5mph because I know its slick and nothing stops good on ice.. I go to pull into my usual parking space right by the door and realize that my blazer is sliding. I'm not too worried because there is like a 5 inch curb on the sidewalk, which should hypothetically stop my truck. I forgot about the little concrete stopper at the end of the parking space which is conveniently angled at about 45 degrees(perfect ramp also about 5 inches high)... well, my blazer was sliding so slow that I could've got out and walked inside before the inevitable crash happened.... sure enough, my blazer slowly slide up the makeshift ramp and onto the sidewalk(which is still icy because the opening manager didnt salt it like they were supposed to..).. my truck stops just as it makes contact with the building. The side of the building is all stucco, and apparently they put styrofoam under stucco?!?! WTF??! anyways, there is now a perfect impression of my brush guard in the side of the resturaunt.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with the truck! THANK GOD FOR BRUSH GUARDS!!! LOL called the owner and he wasn't even mad.. he was pissed that the people he had already paid to scrape the lot had not done it! he was just glad it was me and not a customer, because a customer could sue because we were open and had not properly care for the lot or sidewalk!!

Old 03-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: I hit a building!

nice! gotta see some pics of that!

Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

didn't have a camera, but one of my waitresses saw it and took pics..lol I will try to get them off of her today..

Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

lol wow so now u leave an everlasting imprint of ur blazer on the building lol until they remodel or fix it

Old 03-09-2008, 04:15 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Its a good thing nothing happened to you or your blazer!!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

when i saw this thread i was thinking "ANOTHER wreck?". Whats going on with all the wrecks all of a sudden?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, thats was funny....how you could have walked in before it hit.....Been there but side ways down a street workin the wheel like a ****

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 AM

i was goin soooo incredibly slow.... it felt like it took ten minutes to hit... but it really didnt..lol

Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

That happened to me one time waaayyyyy back (1976?). I was living in Maryland at we had a surprise mid-day ice storm. I was leaving schoolthere was a Nova parked on the shoulder waiting for someone. I stopped for something and then slowly (about like you were...5 seconds felt like 5 minutes)started sliding sideways towards the Nova. Me and the guy just looked at each other because there was nothing either of us could do*. I just barely tapped him and put a small dent in his quarter panel. Gave him 50 bucks on the spot and everyone was happy. I think he felt as bad as I did because I had a pretty sweet '66 GTO at the time and I think he felt sorry for me.

*In hindsight (and many years of hopefully acquring some wisdom), there were a couple things that may have helped me avoid hitting him. First - I shouldn't have been driving in those conditions. Second - If I had let off the brakes, there's a chance I could've rolled forward and past him.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

haha ya never hit the brakes at all or hard when ur on ice cuz it screws u up and u will prolly end up hitting something for me it was a snowbank lol

Quick Reply: I hit a building!