General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I must be completely crazy???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Every time my wife complains about the money I spend on fixing up the Blazers and Jimmys I remind her of how much money she spends on yarn. She could probably crochet a Blazer cozy for me with all the yarn she has. We actually have a room in our home dedicated to yarn.

Yarn!

At least I can drive a Blazer.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
blazerguy, we will need two rooms in the crazy ward.. that the thing about these blazers, once you paid the purchase price, your all ready
upside down never to see the light of day.. so in my case, i cant sell the vehicle to get out of it with out major loss, so i just start dumping $$$
figuring im going to own this money pit till the day i die, because the day this blazer dies, i have to dump more $$$ just to keep from looseing all I have put in to it, kinda stuck in a never ending circle
[QUOTE=Toby Hanson;560216]Every time my wife complains about the money I spend on fixing up the Blazers and Jimmys I remind her of how much money she spends on yarn. She could probably crochet a Blazer cozy for me with all the yarn she has. We actually have a room in our home dedicated to yarn.

Yarn!

Man I hear you. I just had a heater core put in. Thinking great maybe everything is fixed. So I open the hood & notice the anti freeze is a little below & Mark I put on the tank so I can do a quick check by just looking. So I added a small amount & I looked over & saw coolant behind the A/C compressor. It looked like the lower intake. Only was leaking sometimes, mainly when cold. So I called the shop & took it back. (Nothing to do with anything they did with the heater core) They called me back & confirmed the intake leak, water pump leaking also, valve cover gaskets & timing cover gasket leaking oil. So the V/C had to come off anyway with intake. Guess what the timing chain is like new they told me. So at least one part I won't have to change right away.
So another $1000 which makes up the $12,000 it was ONLY $11,000 four days ago.
So after I get it back who knows. Maybe I should weld the hood shut & just drive it.
Well when I get sent I'll ask them to hold a another padded cell for you.

My wife doesn't complain but she is the money maker in this house. I have a nice retirement but she is still working & earns the most.
l

Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Am I the only one that genuinely likes the blazers, and think putting this money into them is worth it? I have no problem putting the money I have, and will put into it, why? because I like it. They are fairly reliable. good in the winter, and good in the summer, and I like how they look as well (first gens more so than second)
But I think its worth it.
Yeah. I could have taken the money, piled it all together and gotten something more new, but then I would have car payment, because as you know, the money put into them you would not have on hand to buy a car and pay it off right away. and second, new cars, the cost of repairs on them is FAR more than the cost of repairs on a blazer.

My opinion and im stickin to it.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I agree I rather pay for repairs then a monthly payment

Edit::

Attached Thumbnails I must be completely crazy???-scumbag-life.jpg  

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
Am I the only one that genuinely likes the blazers, and think putting this money into them is worth it? I have no problem putting the money I have, and will put into it, why? because I like it. They are fairly reliable. good in the winter, and good in the summer, and I like how they look as well (first gens more so than second)
I'm with you. I think it's worth it. They're great vehicles. Besides, I think it's an honor to keep great GM vehicles on the road.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
I'm with you. I think it's worth it. They're great vehicles. Besides, I think it's an honor to keep great GM vehicles on the road.
I agree.

Some people drive blazers just to drive them, But to have a real passion for them, and think the money you put into them is worth it, instead of passing it onto the next person, that is dedication and love to GM. I really like them a lot, I do not think I will own another vehicle besides a blazer, I have had people tell me that I am crazy for it... But in that same day, I have had people come up to me, ask me the year of the jimmy, and tell me that it is INCREDIBLY nice for the year, why? because I take care of it LOL

blazers/jimmys/bravadas FTW

Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by richphotos
Yeah. I could have taken the money, piled it all together and gotten something more new, but then I would have car payment, because as you know, the money put into them you would not have on hand to buy a car and pay it off right away. and second, new cars, the cost of repairs on them is FAR more than the cost of repairs on a blazer.

My opinion and im stickin to it.
NO you aren't the only one who loves them. I would of never put the money into this one if I didn't. I started this thread to add a little humor to my discovery when I added up this years vehicle receipts.
I agree they are great off-road, My 97 Blazer 4x4 took me into some very remote & hard rough terrain. It always got us home in good shape. They a comfortable to sleep in with the back seats down. They are comfortable to drive or ride in on long trips. They have plenty of power. don't get that bad of road gas mileage. Once everything is fixed it should run a long time.
As for car payments we haven't had car payments for years. We pay cash or don't buy anything. You younger guys & gals are smart if you never use credit to buy things. For the most part the people who are really having it tough in this economic climate are those who buy now & pay later. CASH is KING, yesteryear & now. Save your money when you want to buy something. Today the cost to borrow is way too high. A buddy of mine lends money to people sometimes & he makes a small fortune when he does. When you owe others your a slave to them & the system that wants you to have debt. If you own everything you have outright, you can tell everyone to screw off if you want.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I`ve got so much in mine theres no way I would get rid of it. Half of it is new. The only thing would be if it gets totaled

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Smile

They a comfortable to sleep in with the back seats down. They are comfortable to drive or ride in on long trips.
Thats what Im hoping to find out when I get mine finished.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
Thats what Im hoping to find out when I get mine finished.
I have had a 98 Jeep GC, an 92 Explorer, & a 04 Trailblazer & non of them were as comfortable or slept better in the back.

Quick Reply: I must be completely crazy???