General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I need recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM
whatisakeith is on a distinguished road
Default I need recommendations!

Just picked up a mint condition '04 Blazer. It's got the 4wd and runs like a dream, so the upgrades under the hood are in planning, but not expected to happen until the near future ( cold air intake?). What could I do now to stylize the exterior on a budget? Not looking for too much outlandish stuff, trying to remain subtle. It's got a beautiful white finish from top to bottom with dark tinted windows. I am leaning toward plasti dipping the rims to continue the black and white two-tone look. Does anyone have any suggestions on that or anything else? Much obliged.

Here she is: http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306025_10151332146262433_1383668800_n.jpg

Last edited by whatisakeith; 11-19-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I'd post it so people don't need to copy/paste the link.

Do you wanna go the offroad look? You could get some auxilliary lighting/bull bar/grille guard.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

looks like a clean truck!

not much you can do under the hood for performance without spending serious money. exhaust will help it out a bit.

myself, i would remove the pinstrip, rockguard the bottom of the doors and around the wheel openings following the body line including the bumpers and possibly grill. I agree with the auxilliary lighting/bull bar/grille guard.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 AM
whatisakeith is on a distinguished road

Thanks, guys. Definitely going to look into all those things. A friend of mine actually recommended not getting a cold air intake because of possible water damage to the engine. In fact, he suggested an upgraded exhaust instead. I was trying to find a cat back exhaust, but it is proving to be tough. Also, what's a safe and effective way to remove the pinstripe? Last night I spot tested a can of plasti dip on the front bowtie. Had it all taped away and it looks GOOD. I'll upload a shot after work. Next is making the rims black. Opinions?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

a cold air intake is a waste of money, tried it, wasted my money. what about painting just the recessed areas of the wheels black?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

+1, a cai is really only good for extra noise under normal driving conditions. Gibson makes a good cat back system. Check out rexmburns truck, or I just made a post awhile ago about using monstaliner. After rex recommended it, I gotta say its awesome stuff for the bumpers and rockers. I'm not a big fan of plasti dip for wheels, check out rustoleum spray bedliner. Its got a nice texture that people say holds up well, though I haven't tried it myself.
A lot of people use fishing line to get the side molding off and then a 3m "eraser" wheel to remove the glue. It still takes along time so it takes patients lol.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I would just do the bumpers and grill black, and debadge. Its already pretty clean. Body lift bigger tires black rims and you`ll be good to go

Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

50lb_cat/ the rustoleum actually works really well in all conditions, but for interior work you can change out the bulb colors, paint some of the interior for a two tone, i changed out the carpet for the rubber. just alot of things you can do for the interior

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Jamclark is on a distinguished road

I'm not a vast devotee of plasti dip for wheels look at rustoleum spray bedliner. Its got a fantastic texture that individuals declare keeps up well however I haven't attempted it myself.

A considerable measure of folks utilize casting a line out there line to get the side embellishment off and after that a 3m eraser wheel to evacuate the paste.

car locksmith Boston

Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Beginning Member
BoDog89 is on a distinguished road

I have used the spray can rustoleum bedliner on my old dakota, i sprayed a gloss black rustoleum over. It looked good and never chipped when i went wheeling, but It was rough to the touch so be carefull not to rub against it.

For the molding i used fishing twine like 50lb_cat said, it worked great but getting the glue off was annoying. I used rubbing alcohol and alot of elbow grease.

Quick Reply: I need recommendations!