General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

If money were no object...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If money were no object...

...what would you do to your truck? Just your Blazer not what else you would buy.

I would do a LS7 swap with either twin turbos or a Magnacharger, upgraded axels(everything you need to handel the power), biggest lift on the market(maybe a custom one), big Super Swapper Tires(at least 35"+), maybe a nice DVD/touch screen HU, nice stereo(one that sounds good not huge bass), and some other various apearance mods(HIDs grill gaurd, etc).

Old 06-04-2007, 04:38 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: If money were no object...

Engine wise, I'd probably go for the new 6L in the VortecMAX trucks, unless the new LS7's come with active fuel management, then I'd go for one of those...

I'd probably make a custom 2 - 3" suspension lift (that doesn't involve cranking the t-bars to the max, or grenading the front end early!)

Solid axle swap up front, and limited slip lockers, front and rear, and hubs from either a 1/2 ton 2wd, or 4wd for better rim selection...

Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Bag it
put some grand nationals 20'son
Go with a vortec 350 swap with turbo
kandi coat it
swap my current seats for racing seats
put on the full body kit and wing
shave the handles

Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I would buy my 1972 Buick Riviera Boat Back.Then i would rebuild my 95 SS that sits in my garage.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd get rid of the A/C system in the Jimmy, build-up the engine with forged internals and slap a big T-88 turbocharger on the passenger exhaust manifold with a 3 1/2 downpipe and Ford PowerStroke FMIC.The new-age Typhoon

Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Coil sprung SFA with D60's
Comp Crawlers
LS7
4L80E
Atlas T-case
Full interior cage
competition seats
Rear winch
On board air
Removeable rear top (from behind B-pillars)
Full front to back 1/4" steel skid plate
Sliders
Hydro assist steering
Real HID's
Navigation

Old 06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Get rid of 4WD so no one would ridicule me for lowering it.
Give it a mean rake.
Smoothed everything: door handles, rear wiper and hatch release button, tire carrier, emblems, gas door, roof rack and ribs.
Filled taillights.
Step shaver kit.
'04 Impala taillights molded into tailgate.
'97 Bravada fascia with phantom grilles.
Cal-vu heated power mirrors.
Lesabre portholes in the Z3 location.
Full glass T-tops.
4 inch cowl hood.
17" C6 Motorsport machined face rims.
Hardtop convertible (see embedded picture).

Ready for this? I was thinking about a V8 turbodiesel setup just to be different, but just found this. 250 horse/406 ft-lbs torque. Of course, I'd have to make it a twin-turbo setup instead. Plus, if it's due to go in the Cadillac CTS, a possible match up with a 6-speed Aisin AY-6 manual might work. Oil cooler, transmission cooler. And all the gears, suspension and the like would have to be updated to match the drivetrain. Bigger sway bars, big brake kit, shocks, etc.

I was originally thinking deep black pearl with a bunch of clear, black rims, and black interior. Now I'm welcoming the thought of a graphite color with ghost flames just a shade off of the main color, chrome rims, and possibly a red, maybe tan leather interior.

If money were no object of course...

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/4027449E7A264412965160FDB51F76F1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exterior: Fully auto lambo doors, shaved handles, gas door, rear button, and antenna, pop trunk (to open the back glass and tailgate automatically, neon sign that reads "haterproof" in rear carg area, fully fiberglassed and painted to match exterior sub/screen wall with 6 18" kickers amps to run it, 10 kicker speaker sytem, fiberglass all panels inside includung dash, custom fiberglass center console, two more auto fold down monitors, screens in headrest and visors, bag kit that lays frame on a set of 23's, full dual exhaust kit, swap out the 4.3 and tranny for that engine/tranny setup on the Trailblazer SS only supercharged, sunroof, trailblazer SS front clip swap, custom body kit with rollpan to match, cadillac taillights, two 12 inch fire and ice led light bars molded into roll pan, 10 piece custom underbody neon kit to cover every square inch under neath with light, 5 piece inside neon kit, custom leather and suede interior.........whew!! Thats all I can think of right off hand!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Make it into a panel van. Replace all the rear glass with sheet metal. Hinge the rear liftgate to swing sideways. Ditch rear seat and put in oak strips for the floor. Put plasma screens inside on each side where glass was.

I was actually thinking about doing this. I still might have the rendering made for S&G's.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

Engine- Cummins 4bt bigger turbo and slide the fuel plate 370 injecters few more toy around 300 hp 6-700 feet of toruqe

strigh axel swap 7-8 icnh lift front and rear lockers bog old set of tires.

Quick Reply: If money were no object...