General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm back - early - Minus Blazer.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default I'm back - early - Minus Blazer.

OK. I did it! Went down to the river & after taking a few shots, selected 4LO to get up the bank back onto the track then stoped to select 4HI. - NO GO. Made my way back up to the road but still no luck getting out of 4LO.

So! Truck got carried to a Mitsubishi dealer in a one horse town where they checked, removed the t.case motor to shift it into 2LO but it's jammed solid. Shift motor works fine.

No idea what happened 'cause I did not hear anything & the t.case was working at the river & on the beach earlier.

The extended warranty (which expires in 2 weeks) is paying for the towing & should pick up the tab for the t.case. Problem is, the nearest t.case will probably be in Auckland (600km away). So truck has to stay in Opotiki - with mechanics who don't know the Blazer. First time they've even seen one!

This place is so isolated I tried to get a hire car from Whakatane - about an hours drive away but they had no driver to deliver it & no help here to help get us there till Monday. There is a bus service but that does not run on week ends. We spent the night in a motel & my daughter left early this morning in my wife's SMART car to come pick us up. LOL

So! there we are. Me, back in Auckland, and my truck half way across the island. In the hands of ... ?

Attached Thumbnails I'm back - early  - Minus Blazer.-10040.jpg   I'm back - early  - Minus Blazer.-10028.jpg   I'm back - early  - Minus Blazer.-10033.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009, 01:21 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

WTF! that sux,
Man the bank manager [wife] going to give you more stick about the blazer now.
Sux leaving it down ther when they don't even know what they'er looking at.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

OUch! hell, that could not have gone much worse for you. at least you got to go to the river. not much consolation in the end though. By the time this gets sorted out you can look back and laugh... in the mean time

sorry for you. hope they get you patched up quick

Old 11-28-2009, 06:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That sucks! You managed to get some awesome pics despite! Love the second one.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

At least you got some pics =D

that stinks though

Old 11-28-2009, 09:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i've gotta agree with Alex & Craig, nice pic's, but a high price to pay.

i hate letting anyone do anything on any of my rides, so i can't even begin to imagine what you're going through with your truck stuck so far away, especially in the hands of someone who has never seen one before.

i hope they don't molest her too badly.

keep us posted onher safe return.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:17 AM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry too here about that, i hate to have to leave my blazer anywhere overnight, i hope it all works out for you in the end

Old 11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to leave mine at the hospital a couple of weeks ago. I was a nervous wreck till I went fixed it, the starter went out. I can't imagine leaving it a few hundred miles away!

I hope you get it fixed soon!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I'm getting very fidgetttttty! Lost without my truck. It's one thing having it idle in the driveway but . . . . so far away!

Can't even go visit her, wash & wax, nothing!. LOL

All I know is that the t.case is somewhere in Auckland (so close, yet so far). Don't even know who has it!

I know it's not with the Chevy guys otherwise they'd have phoned & ragged me about busting the t.case. Again! LOL

In the meantime I'm using my daughter's Chevy Cruze aka Holden Cruze aka Suzuki Ignis! When a mechanic at the Chevy guys first saw it, he wanted to know who put a chevy bowtie on a black jelly bean! LOL Now I drive a jelly bean. 4wd with a 1.3 motor!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Your version of the Chevy Cruze isn't the same as ours is it?

Quick Reply: I'm back - early - Minus Blazer.