General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough
Default IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!

hey guys long time no blog lol ive been without a laptop for acouple months. so figured id bring you guys up to speed on what i have been working on

first off....my beloved blazer...is stripped and slowing being donated for parts and pieces after wrecking it.

so i bought my little brothers 02 s10 2wd
notta bad little rig ...little scetchy in the snow and besides having the power of a riding lawn mower ...been a good little truck so far

now this is where i get to the good stuff....since my blazers death ive been looking for my next 4x4 ...looking more at jeeps i had a very sudden change of heart when i heard about this little jem

a very clean 1994 chevy 1500 step side 4x4 5 spd!! and he only wanted 350 BUCKS!!!

the kicker was that its been sitting without a motor for about 8 yrs but its been kept inside ...it had a 4.3 so i was going to pull my motor out of my blazer swamp intakes and whatever mods to make her work and let her buck...but ...then i found a 350 from another 94 that had only 120k on it. was told if i could get the motor out of the truck in one day i can have it for 100 bucks...5 guys and some time later i had myself a 100 dollar 350 lol

so...before i make this into a build trend (ill do that later if thats ok with you guys lol)

ill give you what you all want ...pictures lol

she looks alittle rough now but give me alittle time and she will mint!!

Attached Thumbnails IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!-20130304_155108_zps62e50de4.jpg   IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!-20130304_155124_zpsf2abfaab.jpg   IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!-20130304_155046_zps2e6c39b2.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Step sides make me cry, but that's a great find.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 AM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

I like the step sides more than just a regular s10.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I can respect that. To each their own.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 AM

Yea lol I've always since I was kid loved these stepsides and wanted one in the worst way but they arehard to find up here specially ones that arnt rust to nothing.
And I feel alittle ....awkward posting about my truck up here since this is a blazer forum but I like this site and everyone on it and all the feedback you get on stuff is helpful.
But alright I do have some news on it, the clutch is done (bought whole new kit for it) I have but haven't put them in yet bigger tortion keys and a 2in lift block and the big money went into a brand spanking new set of 33/12/15 Firestone destination MTs

I have the motor but its not in yet so here is my question to you guys .....put the tortion keys in before the motor (it'll probley be easier I'm thinking) or after I put the motor in because I'm not sure if the weight of the motor being in will affect anything ....this tortion key lift is new to me and my buddy's Boone I know has done it before to anything.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 AM

Yea lol I've always since I was kid loved these stepsides and wanted one in the worst way but they arehard to find up here specially ones that arnt rust to nothing.
And I feel alittle ....awkward posting about my truck up here since this is a blazer forum but I like this site and everyone on it and all the feedback you get on stuff is helpful.
But alright I do have some news on it, the clutch is done (bought whole new kit for it) I have but haven't put them in yet bigger tortion keys and a 2in lift block and the big money went into a brand spanking new set of 33/12/15 Firestone destination MTs

I have the motor but its not in yet so here is my question to you guys .....put the tortion keys in before the motor (it'll probley be easier I'm thinking) or after I put the motor in because I'm not sure if the weight of the motor being in will affect anything ....this tortion key lift is new to me and my buddy's Boone I know has done it before to anything.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 AM

Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I like the step side, looks great! But that handle on the B post has to go!

Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

good looking truck, i have not seen one like that, sweet

Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM

yea, about the handle on the B pillar ....that was the first thing i said until i looked alittle closer and noticed the original owner used self tapping screws to put them on ....so like it or not they are staying lol

Quick Reply: IM BACK!! and ive got a new project!!