General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm at the end

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Angry I'm at the end

Well, I'm through with my Blazer. After $12,000 spent on this truck a rod started knocking today. I have to cut my losses & get another vehicle. I'm not going to replace the motor. I plan to see if the crank is bad & if a bearing can be replaced I will sell it. I hope I can get a $1000 - $2000 for a 98 Blazer 4x4 4dr. If not I will either sell tickets for people to sledge hammer it, or take it to the rifle range & see how many bullets it take to completely destroy it. I will take the new tires because I believe they will fit the Ford F150 Supercab 4x4 I'm looking at.
I have lost all confidence in this Blazer & GM in general.
This is a great forum with great people but I can't continue to replace every part on this truck. The sad thing is we like the Blazer but this has pushed me over the edge.
Thanks for everyone's help over the few years I have been here. I can assure you I won't buy another Blazer. If I would of been paid $4000 to take this truck I would still be way behind.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

dude i am sorry to hear about the motor troubles....let me know if you are interested in getting rid of it. i might be able to swing out there and take it off your hands in exchange for a few hundred dollar bills.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM

It is going good bye. I'm waiting to see if the crank is ok. It just started knocking So if it can be patched I'm taking the new tires then putting it up for sale. It has a new heater core, fuel pump (delphi), B&M Supercooler, new P/S pump, lower ball joints, pitman arm, new NAPA front gas shock FPR regulator (delphi), new Pro Max turbo muffler, etc. So I might part it out.
I'll take it to the rifle range if I can only get a couple of hundred dollars out of it.

Last edited by 4x4blazerguy; 02-11-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

right right....well i would hate to see you put a bunch of holes in it before you part it out if thats what it comes to. if it does come to you parting it out please let me know! i need a few things and if yours matches up, i would rather give some of my money to someone who needs it rather than a pick-n-pull. and since i live in so. cal. i could swing out to where the car is and save on shipping and keep you from waiting on money. so short story long, let me know if it comes down to it.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Twip
right right....well i would hate to see you put a bunch of holes in it before you part it out if thats what it comes to. if it does come to you parting it out please let me know! i need a few things and if yours matches up, i would rather give some of my money to someone who needs it rather than a pick-n-pull. and since i live in so. cal. i could swing out to where the car is and save on shipping and keep you from waiting on money. so short story long, let me know if it comes down to it.
Yea I'll keep you posted. I'm in So Cal's summer boating Paradise. At least I see a lot of boats out of California every year.
Once I find out if the crank is damaged I'll know more as to what I'm doing. even if the crank is ok I will consider offers. I have been known to trade for guns, silver, etc.
Thanks for your interest, & I'll keep you updated.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Tai know how you feel, these things are ticking time Bombs, but that's why u can buy them so cheap used, Chevy was good up until 1988

Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry to hear that! I'll put up with a lot with my blazer, but major engine repair is something I would have to think long and hard about. Although it would be a perfect excuse to drop in a 350!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM

Yea, I'm through. I'm replacing it with a 1995 Ford F150 SuperCab XLT 4x4, 302, 5 speed manual. with 138,000 miles. I know the history of this truck plus a friend of mine owns it & has had it for several years. He has way too many rigs so this one is for sale.
I'm taking the new tires off the blazer & depending on my mood at the time I might push it off a cliff & watch it crash one final time. I'm so deep in this Blazer & would at least get the joy of knowing this thing will never cost anyone else.
No more GMs for me. This one burned me so bad I'm sick. Worst of all I still have a bill to pay to get it out of the shop.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear youre so upset, but i just have to know... how in the world did you spend $12,000 on maintenance?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbagpipes is on a distinguished road

i bought my blazer last april been a nightmare to hell and back, bad lim job killed the engine, il put three more in if i have to.

Quick Reply: I'm at the end