General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm Pi**ed! Big Time.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default I'm Pi**ed! Big Time.

Phoned the "Gearbox Factory" on Friday.

They tell me they've stripped the t.case & can find nothing wrong. Did a diagnostic twice & advised the insurance company accordingly!

Turns out the garage that removed the t.case told the insurance the selector fork is busted! The insurance instructed them to ship the box to Auckland & the "experts" stripped it without even checking the guy's story. I told them all the guy did was remove the front driveshaft to get the t.case motor off to be able to turn the selector to get it into 2Hi so I could at least be mobile. I was with him when he tried the t.case motor & it was operating each time the dash swith was pressed. Then he tried turning the shaft to select 4Hi or 4Lo but it wouldn't budge. Not sure myself if this would actually have done it or not but .....

So now the guys in Auckland want the t.case motor to be sent to them as they suspect this unit has slipped off??????? the selector shaft! WTF?? They want to fit this to the t.case & see what happens! Presumably they will need to re-assemble the box to do this????

When the mechanics in this one horse town exclaimed "WOW, We've never seen a Blazer before", I recall saying to my wife "And they're gonna fix it?" It's a Mitsubishi Franchise!

I could rant on & on but ... looks like the black beast will still be in Opitiki till late January. (the gearbox guys close 23rd & reopen 15 or 16 Jan).

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 12-12-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: grammer & spelling
Old 12-12-2009, 02:57 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

WTF, it's taken all this time to find out they still don't know what's wrong & they have to put it back together to find out if it works. Why dont they borrow one from Bunnce to find out if this is the case.
Why does'nt the insurance company get the whole blazer shipped back up to Auckland.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

"Dam" that sucks why dont you take a trailor down there and bring it home yourself might be quicker and at least you would have your truck nearby

Old 12-12-2009, 06:35 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

You could have one shipped in from the US a lot faster. These clowns evidently have no idea what they are looking at. Don't make me have to call Fedex!!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

wow thats pure BS what they've puddled around trying to find out for what..2 weeks..any one else could have had figured out fixed and you could have been driving her before the end of last week..

Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Must be the extra weight of flares, Ill take them off your hands.

Ill also ship you my T-case, it will prob get there before the other one.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

That sucks dude. I'm sorry your having to play the waiting game with these clowns.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Wow. If it wasn't happening to such a nice truck, I would just say, "damn that sucks," but so far EVERYTHING about this break down has been a circus down there! holy crap... you need break some heads ken

Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That SUCKS Ken. Sorry to hear man.
I do have say though that with Blazers being so rare down there it's not surprising that they don't know what they're doing. Yes, it sucks, but think about it. If I brought a Renault or a Fiat or something like that into a shop around here, they probably wouldn't know there to start. Yes, the basics of all cars/trucks remain the same but still, when you have never seen something before you can't really be expected to fix it easily.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

wow kiwi sorry to hear your truck wont get fixed till next year.

Quick Reply: I'm Pi**ed! Big Time.