General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

informal poll for all lifted trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough
Default informal poll for all lifted trucks!

So I have been going back and forth for awhile on to lift or not to lift. I figured I would start this thread to get actually users opinions. What kind of lift did you do? How much did it cost? How is the driveability? Any regrets?
Thanks in advance for all those who participate! Pics would be nice too!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

well, i dont have a lifted truck, im still thinking a small 2 inch body lift but idk yet, but you should ask your self if you need one =p if you are going to be out mudding then sure why not, but here in northern mn i dont need a lift, just some lights that work and good tires, theres alot of places my blazer can go that bigger vehicles cant

Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 AM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

I've got a 2 inch body lift, cost about 350 by the time it got here, installed it myslef. No regrets about it loved the look after. Cranked my torsion bars and put 2 inch shackles in it, hits bumps pretty hard now though but I try to avoid them and love it too. Shackles were about 50 dollars shipped.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 AM
LIFTED-JIMMY is on a distinguished road

The Easiest and cheapest way to do it , is to buy 2" lift shackles and crank the front torsion bars .

This will bring you up nice and level and only cost about $40-$100 . It is not hard on your driveline because jimmys and blazers have not much cv angle to start with , so you are ok there .

I run that with 15x7 pro comp rims . with 3.75" backspace . and 265/70/15 Tires .

I posted some pictures for you to see . If you have any questions about the lift or fitments just let me know .

Attached Thumbnails informal poll for all lifted trucks!-dsc02084.jpg   informal poll for all lifted trucks!-dsc02075.jpg   informal poll for all lifted trucks!-dsc02082.jpg   informal poll for all lifted trucks!-dsc02076.jpg  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 PM

That is the exact look I'm going for! Do you have any caliper rub or fender rub? How much did you crank the tbars and where did you get the shackles?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM
LIFTED-JIMMY is on a distinguished road

There is no caliper rub at all . if you put in the 2" lift shackles you can crank up the tbars all the way and it will sit nice . depending on tire size and wheel offset will depend if you rub the fender or not . with a 31x10.5x15 you will have to many problems unless you keep stock rims then thats the size you want . if you get aftermarket rims i would run the 265/70/15 size . i had minor rub only because i have a big backspace . 3.75" . most guys run either a 4.5" backspace or 3.75" .

I liked the look of the 3.75" backspace so i just trimmed behind the front wheel a tiny bit . cut a angle down on plastic . and i rounded back the inner fender with rubber hammer . it took all of 10 minutes and you honestly cant even tell .

i attached a picture of how it looks when your done . ( the holes are from mud flaps ) .

now i have no rub at all .

Attached Thumbnails informal poll for all lifted trucks!-dsc02078.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I started with the 3 inch body lift , then did the torsion bars and shackles , then decided on the sas swap . No regrets except the axles I chose are not strong enough for the v8 . But at the mud races I did better with the stock little v6 and 235 tires , I have over 2500 in the lift . If I were to do it over again I could save myself alot of money , I did alot of research before I did this , but apparently not enough , live and learn I guess .

Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i did the tbar crank and shackles out back for 2 in. lift. i got the 31x10.5x15 on 15x7 wheels that have 4.5 inch back spacing. i have no regrets. rides a little stiff but not my daily driver so no concern.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 AM

That's probably what I'm gonna do. A slight tbar crank, shackles and a body lift. The SAS is very tempting but the trails around here don't really require it. Plus, the wife would kil me lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:11 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't have a body lift so if you get one you shouldnt have much trouble running 31s. i had some rubbing but did a little trimming.
you can look at my profile and see how mine is set up.

Quick Reply: informal poll for all lifted trucks!