General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

installed my gauges!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default installed my gauges!!!!

Finally got around to it. It was really simple. Pretty much just matching wires. I talked to a guy at advance auto parts who knew chevy trucks and he gave me tips, plus they had a book on customizing chevy trucks which helped. Ity had step by step instructions on how to install glow gauges. Here are the links to my photo gallery. Oh, I'm so excited. They look so good!

https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...Type=6&apage=1

https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...type=6&apage=1

Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: installed my gauges!!!!

Looks great Dave, and really bright!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet. They look cooler than mine....

Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Dude were did you get those i want those so badly.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

How come the odometer didn't show up in those pictures?

Old 04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good. Looks like you might have put your water temp needle back a little too far to the left.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

that's pretty damned spiffy!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Dude were did you get those i want those so badly.
procarparts.com. The wire I wired them into was the light blue wire and the black wire behind the headlight switch to the left of the steering wheel if anyone wants to know. They were 25 or 30 dollars if I remember right.

How come the odometer didn't show up in those pictures?
What I found is that there is a film over the gauges and it wasn't letting the odometer or the shifting to the left shine through. All I did was take an exacto knife and go along the outside of the opening and cut off the film but not all the way through the plastic underneath. They shine through fine now. I took those pics b4 I did this.

Looks like you might have put your water temp needle back a little too far to the left.
Yeah. I gotta fix that. Plus the oil is a little to far to the left when I start it. Plus if you notice in the first pic when they glow up, I dropped one of the needle stops down into the seat. You can see a little orange dot from the light behind them. I searched forever under the seat and underneath some trim peices with no luck. I put everything back together cause I had to go somewhere in a bit, but it figures that after I put everything back together, I found it. Ity had slipped down into the fabric around the side of the seat and it fell out after I had looked. I gotta take it apart again when I get a chance and fix these things.

Thanks for the complements fellow blazerforum members. I love em so much. It gives it that custom import look.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Nice price!

Most of the good stuff for metric speedo's is a lot more expensive, lol

Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 PM

oh, and I forgot to mention that there is a switch that I can change them from green to blue also. The part that changes is the part that glows in between the needle and the numbers. In the pic, it's green, but it changes to bright blue too. I like the blue better myself.

Quick Reply: installed my gauges!!!!