General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member
jlm1993 is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance?

Hey guys, havent been on here whole lot, been real busy with school and a lot of other things. Anyway, Im waiting on calls from insurance companies for my rates. But i was just curious what your insurance runs a year on your Blazers. I know theres a lot of variables. Im only 16 so i expect mine to be a little higher. Im probably just gonna get liability only. so what does your insurance run a year?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You can't really compare your rates to someone elses. It varies by driving experience, your driving record, where you live etc. etc. You will get 100 different answers here on the forum since people are from all over and insurance rates differ based on location. If you want to compare, compare with your friends or someone local.
If you really want to know though mine is just over 1,200/yr for just PLPD insurance (only covers the other driver). I'm 21 with 1 speeding ticket.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Yikes!!! $1200/yr?!?

I won't make you feel bad by saying how much I pay for liability per year...lol

Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
You can't really compare your rates to someone elses. It varies by driving experience, your driving record, where you live etc. etc. You will get 100 different answers here on the forum since people are from all over and insurance rates differ based on location. If you want to compare, compare with your friends or someone local.
If you really want to know though mine is just over 1,200/yr for just PLPD insurance (only covers the other driver). I'm 21 with 1 speeding ticket.
Excuse my curiosity but what is this insurance cover? Is Halifax a big city? Does a speeding ticket increase the price of the insurance?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

PLPD just covers the other drivers Vehicle in an accident that is deemed your fault.
And dont feel to bad Sisk. Mine is little over $1600 a year for PLPD and im 21 with No tickets.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blajeans
Excuse my curiosity but what is this insurance cover? Is Halifax a big city? Does a speeding ticket increase the price of the insurance?
See below...

Originally Posted by OILCOUNTRY
PLPD just covers the other drivers Vehicle in an accident that is deemed your fault.
And dont feel to bad Sisk. Mine is little over $1600 a year for PLPD and im 21 with No tickets.
This pretty much covers it. I won't get anything for my vehicle in the case of an accident. I have 1,000,000$ liability that would cover the other driver in an accident. It's ****ty paying for something that won't even cover my vehicle, but it's illegal to not have insurance and you HAVE to have at least PLPD in Canada. They won't let you drive without it. Unfortunately PLPD is all that I can afford right now. Full coverage for me is well over 2,000$/yr
Halifax isn't that big. Our population is around 450,000 people. Nova Scotia has just over 900,000 if I'm not mistaken.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jlm1993
Im only 16 so i expect mine to be a little higher. Im probably just gonna get liability only. so what does your insurance run a year?
Expect to pay out the nose. When I was that age, my 2d toyota sedan was about $1000/year.

I know you asked about liability only, but full coverage on my '03 is $630/year but I'm in a better age bracket.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jlm1993
Hey guys, havent been on here whole lot, been real busy with school and a lot of other things. Anyway, Im waiting on calls from insurance companies for my rates. But i was just curious what your insurance runs a year on your Blazers. I know theres a lot of variables. Im only 16 so i expect mine to be a little higher. Im probably just gonna get liability only. so what does your insurance run a year?
Put it under your parents name. Saves you a lot of money.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah if you're only 16 it might be a better idea to go under your parents. You will save a crapload of money as Wil said.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:00 AM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Definitely go under your parents

I'm 18, no tickets (I mean none), I have full coverage with a $100 deductible and I pay $450 per year

Quick Reply: Insurance?