Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Intake Manifold Gasket? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/intake-manifold-gasket-17802/)

94blueknight 02-28-2008 11:58 AM

RE: Intake Manifold Gasket?

i did my gasket at 110K mi i did it myself for how ever much the gasket was (i dont rem but it was less than $50) its not all that hard to do

drperry 02-28-2008 04:10 PM

It's more time consuming than anything else...

Though, you've got a metal intake manifold if I remember right :D

94blueknight 02-28-2008 07:27 PM

ya on my first gen its just rip the upper plenum off then the bottom and ur good then put it all back together lol pretty simple i think it took me 2 days of workin on it about 3-4 hrs each night or something i dont really rem

Millertime21 02-28-2008 08:02 PM

Yeah, its not as bad as I thought. It took me and a buddy about 4-5hrs. When it first needed to be done I wanted nothing to do with it because theres so many things in the way, but once you do it it pretty easy, just time consuming.

BLK85 02-28-2008 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry
Probably took awhile for them to think about the issue...

I doubt that since every Chevy me and my parents have owned since 93 has needed intake manifold gasket. But like I said thats another dicussion.

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

i did my gasket at 110K mi i did it myself for how ever much the gasket was (i dont rem but it was less than $50) its not all that hard to do
Im sure its not that hard but its my only viechle and I make enough its easy enough to pay someone 400 bucks to fix it. Easy things I do things like this I could do but dont choose to waste my time. My time is better spent working.

94blueknight 02-29-2008 12:09 AM

ya this is true. i was a sr in high school when i did mine so i didnt have the money to pay someone and i could find a ride to get to school

jwomack 03-02-2008 01:33 PM

i did mine on my 99 s10 with the 4.3. took me about 2 hrs to do. and was really easy. i tought. like i said it was a 99 and had 190,000 miles on it..

lennyblazer 03-02-2008 03:41 PM

I replace mine around 130k miles on a '98 4x4 truck. It may have been replaced before. I didn't do it myself since I was up at college and didnt have a good place to do it myself, or the time, or all the tools. It cost me like $260 to get replaced parts, labor, and tax included (I love local shops with cheaper labor costs). I just ordered a wheel bearing from synergy offroad and am getting it installed at a local shop for $50 labor, I am sure that is worth my money versus freezing my but off and spending double the time they would on it.

blazinloud 03-02-2008 04:14 PM

x2. not having a garage really dosent help.